Airshow favourites...

..aka the Old Flying Machine Company's Spitfire LF.Mk.IXB and Kennet Aviation's Seafire XVII.

The Spitfire IX is the new Airfix 1:48 model built practically out of the box. The wing to fuselage joint is abominable and required much modification with a large knife and plenty of filler. The rest of the kit was OK. The decals are in register but the colour density on the roundels was such that the white pigment under the blue altered its appearance so I used spares box roundels. Painting was undertaken using Humbrol enamels, brush applied.

IMGP0708.jpg

IMGP0707.jpg

IMGP0706.jpg

IMGP0705.jpg

The Seafire is a combination of the 1:48 Aeroclub conversion kit with one of the spare wings that you get with the Airfix Seafire III kit. As with the Spitfire a hack and fill job was required to fit the wings to the fuselage. Painting was accomplished with Halfords "Rover Arun White" spray paint (close to Sky) and Humbrol EDSG brush applied. I drew the serials on my computer and printed them on clear decal paper. These were used along with spares box roundels to complete the model.

IMGP0712.jpg

IMGP0713.jpg

IMGP0714.jpg

IMGP0709.jpg

All in all about three week-ends' worth of modelling.

Now back to the Avro York...

:giles:

Darius