Handley page hermes and dart Herald

richellis

is there any kits of these?

I think Ive seen some, could be vac forms?!?

Would like to do some older stuff!

Id like an airspeed ambassador as well!

1:72 Hermes, No. Dart Herald, Frog /Novo. I have a feeling there was a Vac of the Ambassador (AIM?)

In 144 Welsh, certainly all projected.

John

Didn't airfix do one in the distant past?? remember building something along those lines as a kid, the Herald should have been in RAF service instead of the Andover as it outshone it in so many ways. but politics got in the way.

It was Frog and the one below is a re release of it :)

Edited by TonyT

In 1/144 the Welsh Models HP Herald has been available for several years. Multi-media kit vac formed, resin and white metal parts. It goes together really well, I shortened mine to a 100.

The Welsh Hermes (SL 143P) was released just this month in Silver City markings - I have yet to see this kit.

• 4 weeks later...
is there any kits of these?

I think Ive seen some, could be vac forms?!?

Would like to do some older stuff!

Id like an airspeed ambassador as well!

No 1/72 Hermes, but there was a vacform Hastings some years ago - Contrail I think, or maybe Rareplanes - which would be a good starting point.

No 1/72 Hermes, but there was a vacform Hastings some years ago - Contrail I think, or maybe Rareplanes - which would be a good starting point.

The Hastings was originally Formaplane, then it went to MHW then to AIM.

John

I have a Contrail vac 1/72 Ambassador, and the PAK-20 book says it's now done by AiM (when they get around to releasing their whole line).

I have a Marquette Dart Herald but I think they have been done by any Frog-Spawn company.

And I'm sure I've seen an announcement for a 1/72 Hermes in one of the news letters I get each week.

Edited by kitnut617