Hawk T1 photos

Mark M

Guy's im looking to make a data base of Hawk photos i have a fair few already but want to get more, so i have pictures of each hawk in its various liverys, ie. XX173 in red white, red arrows, camo and black

so can you help im sure somone has some!! please can you either post them here or email me with them, once complete i will be able to forward pictures of individyal airframes to anyone who wants them, if you can identtify the airfram aswell please lable it it will help loads, ive got about 100 to sort through as it is

thanks

mark

Mark,

I've been trying to post pics from Airliners.net but I keep getting this message when I try to post the link as an image:

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif"

This happened when I tried to link to: http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Br...Hawk/0975873/M/ using the Insert Image icon.

Does this mean I can't link to pics on the internet or is just this one site?

I want to post a selection of pics of XX156 is its various guises so we're not ignoring you you know!

Phil.

thanks Phil

the only way i know to post airliners photos is to save them and them host them on your own photo book account

or you can email them and ill host them, if you want my email just pm me if you havent got it

Thanks for that Mark.

I'll save and host them tonight. My 1/72 Hawk project includes XX156 in DG/DSG/LAG camo with lots of options for things which go bang underwing, early black, RA in 2000 and its current black 208 Sqdn guise.

Phil.

cheers chapps, on my laptop at home i have a hawk folder, it containes 184 other folders each one has piccys of different airfram t1's so the plan is ito have a complete data bank of each one, then if anyone wants any i will zip them on my skydrive for you all to download, but more hunting and sorting first

Hi Mark.

Here's a Hawk pic for you taken at Biggin Hill in 1988 by my late father!

Hawk.jpg

thanks daz ill add it to my collection tommorow

sorry guys i fogot to mention properly if anyone wants anything let me know

thanks Phil

the only way i know to post airliners photos is to save them and them host them on your own photo book account

or you can email them and ill host them, if you want my email just pm me if you havent got it

Mark - just a heads up. I'm no legal expert, but doing what you describe breaks copyright law. If you ask the image owners for permission, they may well grant you a free licence, but failing to do so could land you in trouble. If you were talking about one or two, you'd maybe "get away with it" but the more images you copy and host, the more likely you are to draw the attention of a photographer who thinks "Hang on, that image is mine."

The good news is that providing LINKS to original images is not just OK in most circumstances but generally appreciated by photographers who feel flattered.

Sorry if this puts a downer on your original plan.

Kirk

Edited by Kirk

I'm in agreement with Kirk, you definitely CAN NOT host other peoples images. Whether your intentions are honest or not, it is a breach of copyright, and will appear to the photographer who took the original that you are passing their work off as your own, which will surely anger them. Personally, I have no problem with people using my photos for personal use, but I'd be particularly unhappy if I come across any of my photos hosted without my consent.....

If you want shots from Airliners, it's best to link them as Kirk suggests. You'll probably find that the majority of Hawk airframes are on the database anyway, so you needn't look any further TBH.

Mark - just a heads up. I'm no legal expert, but doing what you describe breaks copyright law.

Kirk

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.

Phil

thanks guys,

i was hoping for our own photos like the one DAz has posted, there are many out there on the net but we have many in our stashes that WE have taken, if we post our own photos then i take it you are willing to share with me and others as i have said what i intended to do at the outset i have at least 100 hawk photos i have taken over the years at scampton, and various airshows

its a fair point about airliners and others i wont host them, but if we continue to link to them that would be ok, and what i will do is add a word file for each airframe with a list of links, so each file will have OUR own photos and a word document with a list of links to other sites such as airliners, does that sound ok

I have a load going throught the Mach Loop that you can have if you want them - serial numbers might be an issue on some though!

more the merryer dont worry about the serials i have a folder for un idntified ones aswell LOL!!, if its easier i can send you my email or can you post them here

Gosh, I have loads! Here are a few that are to hand:

[if you would like any parlicular serial numbers let me know and I see what I have.

cracking photos are they yours? ?peter?

cracking photos are they yours? ?peter?

Yes they are: they have to be reduced in size to less than 500 kb for Air Britain, I have the original size ones if you need them.

It is amazing how the same serial numbers keep cropping up - showing how many schemes individual aircraft have worn over the years.

As I said, if you let me know the serial numbers you are after, I will look through the slides / negs that I haven't scanned yet.

Cheers,

Pete

thanks pete, ive got all yours off airbritan now i hope you dont mind, when ive finished sorting all the photos out, i may give you a shout as i think one or 2 airframes will be missing

thanks

mark