1/72 Hunting Percival Pembroke

kev67

As this going to be my next project, I know little about this aircraft and there are a few things I would like to know before I progress with this kit which is the 1/72 Special Hobby kit, although I have the German markings kit I have the decals to replace this to feature the Aircraft at Cosford Museum. questions I need to know are, what is the interior layout and colour.

As I am trying to depict the Aircraft flown from RAF Northolt WV746 when it was in 207 sqd in 1973, what was its marking before it moved to 60 sqd as seen in the museum, or did it stay the same, would anyone have any reference material to help me

Also need some photos inside the landing gear front and rear.

Cheers Kev

Edited by kev67

We had a Pembroke at my old college, ex 60 Sqn. XL929.

The internal seating layout was, if I recall, 8 seats in a mid-blue colour, think the rear four were rear-facing and the front four faced each other across a small pop-out tables. Had matching blue curtains too!

Bearing in mind it had been at the college for quite a while when I was there so some parts may well have been removed or lost.

I had a flight in one when I was a spotty Cadet on camp in Wildenrath in about 1984. We flew"Day/Night Circuit Tests" and it said "DNCT" in my Record Of Service book - which I've lost !!

I remember blue seats and the hissing of the pneumatic flaps or u/c !!

Got the Special Hobby kit too - wish I could remember the serial of the one I flew in. It was originally released as a 60sqn RAF machine but I've got the Luftwaffe one too.

I also have the Magna pile of resin chunks too !

The Pembrokes in Germany were supposed to be transports and trainers but a great door used to slide open underneath revealing surveillance kit to snoop on the East Germans! Great cold war stuff !

A cuddly aircraft!

Jez.

As this going to be my next project, I know little about this aircraft and there are a few things I would like to know before I progress with this kit which is the 1/72 Special Hobby kit, although I have the German markings kit I have the decals to replace this to feature the Aircraft at Cosford Museum. questions I need to know are, what is the interior layout and colour.

As I am trying to depict the Aircraft flown from RAF Northolt WV746 when it was in 207 sqd in 1973, what was its marking before it moved to 60 sqd as seen in the museum, or did it stay the same, would anyone have any reference material to help me

Also need some photos inside the landing gear front and rear.

Cheers Kev

Kev,

Give me an email at,

[email protected]

With a reminder, I have one just down the road from me and can take some photos for you.

Bare in mind doors closed again after undercarriage extended.

Colin

• 3 months later...

The Air Atlantique Classic Flight Pembroke based at Coventry airport is an ex-60 Sqn machine used on the photographic operations over East Germany and its interior is as it was when it left Wildenrath. It in not currently at Airbase but if you speak niicely to AACF I am sure they would let you have a look inside. I have a raft of images of this aircraft which I would be happy to put on disc and send via snail mail.