AZ Models Vickers Vildebeest

Christopher

Why did they have to wait until I quite building 1/72 to come out with this!!?! I've been wanting a model of the Wildebeest since I was about 13 (way back in the early 70s)… :rant:

It is some way down the list, and a fairly recent addition. This would suggest that it is not imminent, although AZ does not always release in correct numerical order. A Vildebeest was available from Kiwi Models last year.

I think this would be the Kiwi Resins model, it doesn't seem to be available now nor do Kiwi Resins seem to be active. from my point of view, its a shame I spent so much to get a Contrail one from our local version of ebay, though it did come with Aeromodel engine & prop. Maybe I can do an RNZAF one & also an RAF one in Singapore before its downfall as a tribute to incredible courge in face of overwhelming odds.

Steve.

I think this would be the Kiwi Resins model, it doesn't seem to be available now nor do Kiwi Resins seem to be active. from my point of view, its a shame I spent so much to get a Contrail one from our local version of ebay, though it did come with Aeromodel engine & prop. Maybe I can do an RNZAF one & also an RAF one in Singapore before its downfall as a tribute to incredible courge in face of overwhelming odds.

Steve.

Another NZ outfit called Black Robin Resinz bought some of Kiwi resins masters, you could try locating them. http://www.blackrobinresinz.co.nz/ was their address. They also do a 1/48th scale Rapide.

It is some way down the list, and a fairly recent addition. This would suggest that it is not imminent, although AZ does not always release in correct numerical order. A Vildebeest was available from Kiwi Models last year.

That would be Kiwi Resin , and there were several boxings of different marks and a Vincent . This company may have been sold since . Contrail also did a 1/48 kit .

Edited by NZKIWI

I've just has an e-mail from Dave Lochead. He abandoned his Vildebeests on hearing of the AZ model. Kiwiresins is not (exactly) dead, but he found them unprofitable so has changed to injection tooling, and has just received his first examples - Auster 6/Antarctica. He was planning a Mk.V but I don't know whether that has also changed after the AZ release. We did exchange some critical comments on the AZ/Sword Mk.III: too narrow, for a start.

AZ have re-released the Sword Hurricane and Goose. The Auster Mk.III was announced by Sword but not released by them. There is some fear that at least one of the new AZ Wildcat range may be a rerelease of the disappointing Sword kit, though the Martlet Mk.I is a new tool.

AZ have re-released the Sword Hurricane and Goose. The Auster Mk.III was announced by Sword but not released by them. There is some fear that at least one of the new AZ Wildcat range may be a rerelease of the disappointing Sword kit, though the Martlet Mk.I is a new tool.

While off topic re Vildebeests, I do have the new AZ Wildcat VI/FM-2 inbound from Hannants, shipping notice arrived w/this morning's emails. Hopefully it will at least be a retool correcting the Sword kit, if not a true a new-tool. Will report once it arrives.

Thanks for the pointer, just ordered one....

I do sincerely hope you are pretty good at scratchbuilding! If the Sangar kit is based on the old Contrail one, nowt matches anywhere, fuselage halves. wings - I could go on and on, but be prepared for a large amount of work to make one of these even close to looking like a Vildebeest! :deadhorse:

I started and abandoned my one! It's still sitting in the box, and as even though I REALLY WANT a Vildebeest/Vincent in 1:48, it can stay there till hell freezes over!

Cheers,

Pete M.:bristow:

I have seen three built and an unbuilt Contrail ones and I have seen the Kiwi Resins one up close - I've never seen a built one and I'm not surprised - I'd love to see one. I'd rather tackle the Contrail one any day. Kiwi Resins are now "Kiwi Plastics" and have just announced an Auster 6 (although it looks a bit like resin in the pics).

I recently helped supply the information that A-Z are using for their model so I'd say it is a long way off. They do have enough information to make quite a nice kit and lots of choices of schemes.

Incidentally my Kiwi Resins one also found a good home in the Czech Republic where a master modeller will attempt to wrestle it into submission.

I'm mildly surprised every time I see a reference to a forthcoming kit to always see someone put in "What about a 1/48 - or 1/32 or 1/18 - depends what's being discussed - one". Not that there's any harm in wishing or dreaming. Maybe I should add to every large scale planes thread with a "What about a 1/72 one!"

I have seen three built and an unbuilt Contrail ones and I have seen the Kiwi Resins one up close - I've never seen a built one and I'm not surprised - I'd love to see one. I'd rather tackle the Contrail one any day. Kiwi Resins are now "Kiwi Plastics" and have just announced an Auster 6 (although it looks a bit like resin in the pics).

I have the Kiwi Resin one as well and decided this was a 'do it another time' project. Looking forward to the AZ version as a comparison.

I'm mildly surprised every time I see a reference to a forthcoming kit to always see someone put in "What about a 1/48 - or 1/32 or 1/18 - depends what's being discussed - one". Not that there's any harm in wishing or dreaming. Maybe I should add to every large scale planes thread with a "What about a 1/72 one!"
Amen!

Wot he said. :ditto:

Steve.