Italeri Kifir

DAVE V

I noticed this on the Hannants web site as a future release, does anyone know if this will be a new tooling or a rehash of the old Esci kit with raised panel lines ect, a new tool would be nice as i havent seen a1/48 scale one anywhere.

Dave

I noticed this on the Hannants web site as a future release, does anyone know if this will be a new tooling or a rehash of the old Esci kit with raised panel lines ect, a new tool would be nice as i havent seen a1/48 scale one anywhere.

Dave

Sadly a rehash of old ESCI.

http://cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/it/kit_it_2688.shtml

HTH

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

The E has a longer fuselage than the C for a start (IIRC). A plug was added behind the cockpit. On a C the canopy is in line with the intakes, on an E just in front.

I have an ESCI boxing of this kit and agree the cockpit is complete pants (just like their F.1 which I did a few years ago). I'd be interested to know if there is an 'ideal' aftermarket cockpit that is close to a Kfirs (without buying a whole lot of other extras I don't need).

In the June 2010 issue of Military Airplane International, Cyrus Tan has part 1 of an article on building an IAF Kfir C7. He used the Eagle Designs cockpit but also scratchbuilt many details. He even replaced the seat with one from True Details which is really the ex-Black Box seat. He used the Mb. Mk.10.

He started with the ESCI Mirage IIIE kit. Pretty good article as it shows you what can be done with the ESCI Mirage IIIE kit and some hard work.

That Italeri Kfir kit is a rebox of the original ESCI kit and I think is not worth the money if nothing was done to the original moulds. You would think that all of ESCI's Mirage kits were made by the same team but it certainly does not look so.

Cheers

Chris

Well so far it's the same info I had and been using to do my deltas, currently I'm converting a HobbyBoss Mirage IIIC to a IAI Nesher (baptised Dagger in Argentina), but if you leave the original nose you can have a Mirage IIIE or if you add canards and a different nose you can have a Kfir C1, and so on and so forth.

Here's my WIP http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51680

cheers

can you be more precise?

- wings: the shape is the same, but the panel lines could be different.

- fuselage: same, and the fuselage is longer as you know.

- fin: shape is a bit different at the base, due to brake chute and antennas.

- landing gear: strenghtened, some differences. The wheels are differents.

Well, nothing impossible, but you got to Check scale plans from close-up if you want something accurate.

- wings: the shape is the same, but the panel lines could be different.

- fuselage: same, and the fuselage is longer as you know.

- fin: shape is a bit different at the base, due to brake chute and antennas.

- landing gear: strenghtened, some differences. The wheels are differents.

Well, nothing impossible, but you got to Check scale plans from close-up if you want something accurate.

Cheers Antoine

We didn't mention something else, Kfir's (not sure which ones) uses General Electric J79 engine instead of the ATAR (same engine that F-4 uses).

Couple days ago ordered Isradecal's 'IAI Kfir in IAF Service' thinking on doing something in that direction

Edited by dergrunepunkt