Kinetic Sufa

DAVE V

Hi Guys, well haveing been a bit frustrated with these kits i have to say that after some time away from them, they arnt that bad, and after recieving the correct replacement tail part and an apology from Raymond for not getting the replacement right first time i am now a lot happier with the kits. My question is this im going to purchase the Sufa kit, and am wondering if it is really neccessary to purchase the Isracast replacement set, as haveing read the build by Yoav Efrati in SAM, although there are some issues i think i could cope with the work needed. What do you guys think, would i be better off with the upgrade or putting my money into buying the Skunkworkshops IDF Weapon set with the 600 gallon tanks as these are not supplied in the kit. I hope this will not start another argument as all i want to do is build a good represetation of the Sufa, and just need good honest sound advice.

Many Thanks Dave

PS As i cant get photobucket to work properly i cant post pics, but all my efforts will be on show at SMW on the IPMS Avon stand so please feel free to comment and all tips and advice will be warmly recieved.

Dave

Do you really need the tanks? If so, can they be built from what's in the kit. If not, extra bits would be the way to go.

Unless someone on here has a spare set...............................

W

Hi Ian, unfortunatly they dont come with the kit only the 370 gallon tanks, and all the references i can find show the Sufa with the 600 gallon tanks. if anyone has any additional info i would be very grateful, as at the moment the Skunkmodelworks are the only 1/48 scale detail sets to in clude the tanks.

Dave

Hi Guys, well haveing been a bit frustrated with these kits i have to say that after some time away from them, they arnt that bad, and after recieving the correct replacement tail part and an apology from Raymond for not getting the replacement right first time i am now a lot happier with the kits. My question is this im going to purchase the Sufa kit, and am wondering if it is really neccessary to purchase the Isracast replacement set, as haveing read the build by Yoav Efrati in SAM, although there are some issues i think i could cope with the work needed. What do you guys think, would i be better off with the upgrade or putting my money into buying the Skunkworkshops IDF Weapon set with the 600 gallon tanks as these are not supplied in the kit. I hope this will not start another argument as all i want to do is build a good represetation of the Sufa, and just need good honest sound advice.

Many Thanks Dave

PS As i cant get photobucket to work properly i cant post pics, but all my efforts will be on show at SMW on the IPMS Avon stand so please feel free to comment and all tips and advice will be warmly recieved.

Most of the SUFA external details are wrong; mainly in shape. Hasegawa’s Sufa parts are superior in all the EM/EW antennas and scoops, but lacks in cockpit and gear well accuracy/detail. The Isra set will correct the Kinetic kit, though if you're already ok with the kinetic shape problems and trenchy surface detail, then you're you'll probably