Eurofighter Typhoon (single seater)

eng

Eurofighter Typhoon (single seater)

1:144 Revell

boxtop.jpg

Received this wee beaut in the post today and thought you guy's might appreciate some pic's. Adrian's thread below is spot on, this is a real gem and will look beautiful when built.

On with some pics them, these being the sprues of which there are 3 large (for 1/144 anyway!) and one small sprue, plus a clear sprue -

sprue1.jpg

sprue2.jpg

sprue3.jpg

The lower fuse section has lovely detail in the wheel wells and the lower inbd end of the wings, the join line being on the lower surface, not on a panel line unfortunately, but it'll be hidden if building with the gear down

underside.jpg

The weapons sprue is stunning with 4x AMRAAM, 2x Sidewinder, 2x IRIS-T, 4x Meteor and 2x 1000Ltr tanks, plus a set of pylons. There is a bit of a mis-leading statement on the side of the box that states " 2 ASRAAM missiles - 2 ASRAAM missiles for the RAF version" there doesn't appear to be any ASRAAM's in the box! The missiles are however beautifull moulded with "wafer thin" fins and bodies as seen in the pic of the Sidewinders.

winders.jpg

There will be a "twin tub" to follow looking at the fuselage and sprue for the spine which is marked "Single" on the sprue tab -

inside.jpg

The canopy is in 2 part which are beautifully clear, and the rear section has an insert for the rear deck section. The only drawback to this is the main section has 2 locating tabs for the deck section moulded on the inside and are particularly prominent, I don't know how noticable these will be once the deck is painted and fitted though.

clear.jpg

The instructions are a huge 10 pages of A4 extending to 27 steps, items 25 to 27 being 2 aircraft paint/marking pages, and 27 being specifically for the weapons and pylons - YES!! Pylon markings.....in 1/144!! There are 3 options, 2 German aircraft, and a RAF machine from 11 Sqn (DXI). The decal sheet is mind-blowing as to it's content and it will take alot of patience, skill and determination to apply all of the "No Step" and other miniscule stencils the sheet provides. Top marks to Revell for the effort! As to be expected from Revell their colour call-outs are all their own range, but there's plenty Typhoon references here on BM.

decals.jpg

Overall, this is a beautiful package for a fiver and will give a few head spinning, eye-straining evenings of pleasure to anyone who fancy's a tiny Tiffie or two in there collection.

It certainly won't be my last! Now Xtradecal, how about the rest of those RAF squadron markings?

Rgds,

Eng

Review sample courtesy of

logo-revell-2009.gif

Overall, this is a beautiful package for a fiver and will give a few head spinning, eye-straining evenings of pleasure to anyone who fancy's a tiny Tiffie or two in there collection.

It certainly won't be my last! Now Xtradecal, how about the rest of those RAF squadron markings?

Eng

That about sums it up in a nutshell I think Eng!

Adrian

That's pretty much stolen a march on the review that I was going to post up shortly (once I'd written it!). It's a very nice kit - especially given the tiny scale. Hats off to Revell... are there any scales yet that they don't have a good quality Tiffie in? :hmmm:

That's pretty much stolen a march on the review that I was going to post up shortly (once I'd written it!). It's a very nice kit - especially given the tiny scale. Hats off to Revell... are there any scales yet that they don't have a good quality Tiffie in? :hmmm:

1/24!!