The Happy Birthday thread

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/01/2018 at 16:30, Steve_farrier said:

Today I hit 33 and he Mrs has packed me up in the car for a surprise weekend away. 

Usually birthdays we treat each other to days out.. last year was a Tigermoth flight and tank driving.... this year... who knows! 😀😀😀

Happy belated birthday Steve. 

What was your day out?

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Gorby.. 

we ended up at Dover castle, the underground military hospital and government level bunker. (There is a lower nuclear level bunker but off limits without prior booking) 

then Deal castle and Walmer castle (more frorts really as built by Henry 8th.) 

walmer was where the duke of Wellington died.

all in it was an awesome weekend!! 😀😀

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today I hit the birthday age mentioned in the well known song from the 'Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band' album. Haven't opened my prezzies yet, although I know there are a couple of books in there. My daughter has made a fantastic birthday cake with a paste Yellow Submarine on it. Off to see 'Early Man' this afternoon followed by Tapas. 

1 hour ago, Martin T said:

Today I hit the birthday age mentioned in the well known song from the 'Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band' album. Haven't opened my prezzies yet, although I know there are a couple of books in there. My daughter has made a fantastic birthday cake with a paste Yellow Submarine on it. Off to see 'Early Man' this afternoon followed by Tapas. 

Happy birthday Mr. T. Hope you have a lovely day (and rest of your life, of course).

Did you mention something about retiring in a post elsewhere, or is life getting more confusing than normal for me?

Yes, retired early after a stroke that left me with difficulty in reading etc. So a big sudden change in life. Seemed to be OK now, just trying to sort out my 91 year old mum who lives 150 miles away in a rural area (a story in itself) and is not coping well. 

12 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Yes, retired early after a stroke that left me with difficulty in reading etc. So a big sudden change in life

That's my story as well.

Not easy dealing with elderly parents – even when they live local, so I wish you well with that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gorby said:

Happy birthday Rob.

Are you doing anything special with your day off, or are you getting started on the new stash?

Need to finish the AEC MK1 first.... Day off work and car shopping....

• Like 1

Celebrated my 65th on Saturday. No kits as prezzies, a meal out with brother and sister in law in the evening, very busy hence not making any posts over the weekend. Best prezzy being still fit and am NOT retiring this year!!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Scimitar said:

I'm 65 today and started my retirement by sitting reading Dave Herriot's book of his time on Buccaneers. It is too cold and wet to go out and that's my plea in mitigation M'Lud!

Congratulations on both your birthday and particularly on your retirement Richard (?). I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I do.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Happy Birthday @GordonD

# -  Happy burpday to you

Squashed tomatoes and stew

Bread and butter in the gutter

Happy Burpday to yoooooooooooo!

Yeh   <Enzo does jazz hands>   :yahoo:

Turns out it's James Heaton's birthday too - you might want to pop onto RATUCS before midnight!

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everybody ... Well im another year older. That makes 47  candles on my Birthday 🎂 today. Im hoping it turns out ok when i wake up in the A.M..

Happy getting older day Dennis!

I hope you like your presents, so there won't be any need for 'many happy returns' (perhaps 'Happy returns' means taking your presents back for a refund?).

I hope to see your haul in the 'Purchased/Gifted' thread later.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Dears !

One cannot be best served than the one who helped himself !!

My 55th Birthday is now closing in !! The 29th I turned 55 ! And I must confess that I let myself loose a bit this year !!

I received my bonus on my local Hobby shop, so that cut the price of this beast by 2 thirds…. :evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

WP_20180919_21_59_59_Pro

And I'm serious ! Not a joke, I pay 19,10 € for a box full, really full of sprues !! See

WP_20180919_22_00_08_Pro

But knowing this brand, I scratch my head about adjustments, seeing this high level of details !

WP_20180919_22_00_28_Pro

Then I smuggled this pack from MDC

WP_20180920_15_25_23_Pro

Now, I have TBM3 to buy…. and build :rofl2:

As I can sometimes be a little :evil_laugh:

Officially my birthday present is on its way to CC castle from Colindale 🤔🤔

Less funny, another disturbing birthday present is lurking at the end of October !

A brand new titanium Hip ( I suffer more and more from my hip, but still I'm at work with my Shillelagh, earning me again the nickname of Dr House)

and a Pacemaker may be, but I'm not eager because that can bar me from my job

so that's less funny Indeed !

Back at modelling, there's a Hellcat Mk I in my Colindale pack….

Any guess @Grey Beema ???

Sincerely.

CC

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Officially my birthday present is on its way to CC castle from Colindale 🤔🤔

Less funny, another disturbing birthday present is lurking at the end of October !

A brand new titanium Hip ( I suffer more and more from my hip, but still I'm at work with my Shillelagh, earning me again the nickname of Dr House)

and a Pacemaker may be, but I'm not eager because that can bar me from my job

so that's less funny Indeed !

Back at modelling, there's a Hellcat Mk I in my Colindale pack….

Any guess @Grey Beema ???

Sincerely.

CC

Happy (forthcoming) 55th Birthday CC and although you are younger than me (just), I have clairvoyent skills - In my crystal ball I would see you requireing a Red E and o both with a white outline and maybe a JV125... 

As far as the hip goes, my brother is like the bionic man, hips and knees (I daren't leave him out in the rain) and where he had years of pain he thinks the operations were well worth it - pain gone.  I guess once you are nipping around on them hips like a teenager - you might not need the pacemaker...

Good luck anyway and Happy Birthday (in red with a white outline)..... 

• Haha 1