The Happy Birthday thread

Mike

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Belated birthday wishes Young T. You're just a lad really. Hope you enjoyed the cake.

John.

My dad had a saying that you are only as old as the woman you feel, which given that Mrs T is ten years younger, explains everything. The cake was very nice and should last a couple of days more. Even better I have been called for my Covid jab from the surgery. 

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

Will be 67 on Valentines Day,where have the years gone?

Happy Birthday for Sunday, I asked myself the same question on Tuesday when I was watching a YouTube clip of the RAF Silver Jubilee  Review at Finningley in 1977.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another one has come along for me and am grateful for it.  So as a treat wifey cooked me this and I washed it down with ne of these bottles kindly sent to me by stepson for my birthday.  No its or anything like that. Wife has given me an IOU on account we can't go to any shops ay the moment. Cheers all!

yVH2Pl.jpg

mxcqD0.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Another year gone by and Birthday time again. Will open presents later when family are around, but I enjoyed a combined birthday and Christmas present from my daughter last night in the shape of a trip to Sheffield City Hall to see 'Return of the Jedi' in concert with a live orchestra. I went with my son who received the same present and who drove. 

I last went there in 1975 for my degree congregation from uni. 

• Like 5

Thanks Steve, we are both well. Mrs T is knackered from being busy at work and so is having a bit of a break, if looking at planes and tanks at Duxford is much of one. We are staying at a pub at Littleport. The room overlooks the river (ie we are about 30ft away) and can see what is in the circuit at both Lakenheath and Mildenhall. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 1:45 AM, Mr T said:

Another year gone by and Birthday time again. Will open presents later when family are around, but I enjoyed a combined birthday and Christmas present from my daughter last night in the shape of a trip to Sheffield City Hall to see 'Return of the Jedi' in concert with a live orchestra. I went with my son who received the same present and who drove. 

I last went there in 1975 for my degree congregation from uni. 

Happy Belated Birthday sir. 🎂🍻🍾🥃

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Another birthday has come round for me and what a day!!!! World events to the fore ,the lifting of covid restrictions   and for me a visit to hospital to see a consultant about my Parkinsons. Had to go through a couple tests and discussions etc.  So this evening I  having just eldest brother and sister in law round for bevvies and snacks. This is a day to remember in many ways for me.

Cheers.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

How do chaps.

Well i've hit the big 50 today! Despite this mrs fatfingers says i still behave like a 10 year old most of the time 😁

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fatfingers said:

How do chaps.

Well i've hit the big 50 today! Despite this mrs fatfingers says i still behave like a 10 year old most of the time 😁

Regards,

Steve

Happy Birthday Steve please have a happy and safe Birthday. 🎂🎂🎂

• Thanks 1

On 31/05/2022 at 11:49, fatfingers said:

Well i've hit the big 50 today!

Aye up Steve. By 'eck as like.....50! That's reet champion, but thy's still a young 'un.

See, my linguistic skills are coming along really well. Sorry I'm a bit late, but happy birthday.

ATB.

John.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Aye up Steve. By 'eck as like.....50! That's reet champion, but thy's still a young 'un.

See, my linguistic skills are coming along really well. Sorry I'm a bit late, but happy birthday.

ATB.

John.

Ta John and tha's doin reet well wi t'old Yorkshire for an Essex lad! 😀

Al si thee,

Steve

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Well I have achieved a millestone today. 70 years of dodging the bullets, despite a couple of close calls in the past few years.

Maybe just lucky I guess, but my grandfather, father and brother never got this far.

I will be (moderately) celebrating in view of recent events, but the big question remains.......can I work my way through my stash?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Well I have achieved a millestone today. 70 years of dodging the bullets, despite a couple of close calls in the past few years.

Maybe just lucky I guess, but my grandfather, father and brother never got this far.

I will be (moderately) celebrating in view of recent events, but the big question remains.......can I work my way through my stash?

Happy Birthday sir 🎂🎂🎂🥃🍺🍷.. Sorry to hear about your relative's. 

2 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

but the big question remains.......can I work my way through my stash?

Are you SABLE?     Stash Aquired Beyond Life Expectancy.

I am - which brings me a great deal of comfort.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1