* Jagdpanther

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

Here is my entry a re boxed revell kit of the jagdpanther. This has the base which shows the tank busting through a brick wall. I am very excited to be building this because as a young lad these kits are what got me into armour,I liked the fact that you had a vehicle and something to display it on. I think I built them all and used to display the latest works on top of the telly!

May add a few tweaks but we shall see!

DSCF0004-1.jpg

Pete

Is it an ex-Matchbox kit?

You can tell by the scale. 1/76 th is Matchbox. 1/72 nd is Revell release.

Plus,the Matchbox kits come with a small diorama base.

Edited by Erwin

Hi Enzo, this is an ex-Matchbox kit, as re-released by Revell when they bought the Matchbox moulds.

Nice choice Pete!

I'm looking forward to watching thic some together, you'll probably do a much better job than I ever could!

Cheers Daz

Edited by daz greenwood

Guest snipersmudge

cheers guys, well as for in progress builds I am afraid that I forgot to take any yesterday as the model went together in a couple of hours! Only things I have changed/added are the gun cleaning rod tube on the hull side, replaced with some plastic rod as the kit item was more oval than round, a couple of hinges to the rear stowage boxes and the hatch. This was an emergency replacement as the carpet monster swallowed the kit one! I also drilled out the gun barrel.

Most enjoyable this, I forgot how crappy the tracks are and how small these things are! Next up some primer and painting still to work out colour scheme.

DSCF0007-1.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Pete

looking forward to this one, I have a few of these serving in my wargames armies, you can never have too many Jagdpanthers :)

Agree 110%, my all-time favourite AFV. The first Tamiya 1/35 kit I ever built (in 1972, at university, in Aberdeen, bought from my first

grant cheque!)