Sepecat Jaguar GB - welcome all

Gary West

First timer regarding group builds. Hope I'm not too late to register. My intentions are to make a 31 squadron GR1, ARTF grey GR1A (XX962) and Gulf det. ac. 'Johnny Fartpants'. This is the kind odf incentive I need to break through the pending pile !

Andrew

Welcome to the GB Andrew, you're in plenty of time to join. About 5 & 1/2 months to go (Gary has if down to the exact number of days if not hours!) so no worries about a cut-off date yet.

Look forward to seeing your progress. Oh, what kit are you going to use out of interest?

Edited by Col.

Welcome to the GB Andrew, you're in plenty of time to join. About 5 & 1/2 months to go (Gary has if down to the exact number of days if not hours!) so no worries about a cut-off date yet.

Look forward to seeing your progress. Oh, what kit are you going to use out of interest?

...No need to panic then. I'll probably use my Hasegawa examples on this project, although I do have one or two Italeri kits in the pile. They will all be 1/72 scale. What have you got in the pipeline ?

...No need to panic then. I'll probably use my Hasegawa examples on this project, although I do have one or two Italeri kits in the pile. They will all be 1/72 scale. What have you got in the pipeline ?

Well, not until the last couple weeks like I normaly do :lol:

Gonna be hacking up the Revell kit myself but have fond memories of the Hasegawa T2, quite a strightforward build if memory serves. Having seen the work you've done on the Bucc I'm sure it's going to be good ;)

Welcome in Smiffy, glad to have you join us. If you need any decals let me know, I have some Op Granby Jag decals looking for a good home ;)

Welcome in Smiffy, glad to have you join us. If you need any decals let me know, I have some Op Granby Jag decals looking for a good home ;)

Cheers Col, I'm all set mate. I got the MA sheet on the way.

'preciate the offer though, thanks. :thumbsup2:

okey dokey - now I wonder if Col made a start on that list? :whistle:

Aye aye, I hear you Gary. Was gonna wait until the end of this month, thus giving everyone a chance to settle their choices, before publishing it. Besides, ain't even had a chance to tinker with my own Jag this week :wacko:

But did you get a chance to do any modelling? ;)

Nah, all the photo shoot offers have dried up as well lately. Apparently it's something to do with the fickle nature of changing fashion trends... and me being an ugly b@$?@£d of course :violin:

Seriously though, that's me almost finished the first week of three looking after my mate's pub and I'm knackered! :sleeping:

Must resist temptation..... oh bugger it, I'm in.

Plan is

1/72 Italeri Jaguar T2, OOB, I'm liking the desert pink version on the back of the box, but I can't find any pictures anywhere of this version in these colours and looking at the blatantly wrong colour instructions in the cockpit and wheel wells I am now dubious. Can anyone confirm?

Second after the above practice will be:

1/72 Hasegawa GR1

XZ364 RAF Cotishall 60th Anniversary

With cut and shut Neomega Cockpit.

Eduard Etch

Xtradecals

And any other Resiin I Can get in the time frame such as Airwaves Wing (Currently out of stock at Hannants).

Now where do I get that tasty banner from :unsure:

Cheers

Russ

Must resist temptation..... oh bugger it, I'm in.

Plan is

1/72 Italeri Jaguar T2, OOB, I'm liking the desert pink version on the back of the box, but I can't find any pictures anywhere of this version in these colours and looking at the blatantly wrong colour instructions in the cockpit and wheel wells I am now dubious. Can anyone confirm?

Second after the above practice will be:

1/72 Hasegawa GR1

XZ364 RAF Cotishall 60th Anniversary

With cut and shut Neomega Cockpit.

Eduard Etch

Xtradecals

And any other Resiin I Can get in the time frame such as Airwaves Wing (Currently out of stock at Hannants).

Now where do I get that tasty banner from :unsure:

Cheers

Russ

Welcome over Russ.

Main reason you can't find reference to the pink T-2 is she didn't really exist but was based on a misinterpretation of some photos taken in the evening light of a setting sun with some unusual camera settings. Paint it grey and you'll be closer to the truth mate.

In fact I can vaguely recall seeing the offending photos on Airliners.net a wee while back if you want to take a look.

Any chance of signing up for this one please? I've succumbed to the lure of the group build. It'll be Airfix 1/48 Jaguar GR 1, but not made up my mind on the scheme yet...

I'm just gonna go with the flow! :)

Edited by AndyL

Do we have a participant count yet, oh esteemed Mods? ;)

You know Mike, when you take this very serious role on, you have to step up to the plate. My esteemed colleague in this role Col, got volunteered this task (by me of course) ages and ages ago. What's he up to instead - pulling pints! I ask you. I'll have a word and :whip:

You know Mike, when you take this very serious role on, you have to step up to the plate. My esteemed colleague in this role Col, got volunteered this task (by me of course) ages and ages ago. What's he up to instead - pulling pints! I ask you. I'll have a word and :whip:

You just can't get the staff :rolleyes:

Right you two, pay attention! As I said when Gary so kindly volunteered me, at the end of each month I will do a stock-take of participants and their work. That way we will all have had a chance to get started and gain a clear idea of what we are building. Including me, who hasn't had a chance to do anything with a kit for the last three weeks :violin:

Now, quit bugging me and go play with your models. I have some young women to get drunk :tease:

Right you two, pay attention! As I said when Gary so kindly volunteered me, at the end of each month I will do a stock-take of participants and their work. That way we will all have had a chance to get started and gain a clear idea of what we are building. Including me, who hasn't had a chance to do anything with a kit for the last three weeks :violin:

Now, quit bugging me and go play with your models. I have some young women to get drunk :tease:

Oooooooooh!

stingray-leather-hobo-handbag.jpg