Sepecat Jaguar GB - welcome all

Gary West

I think I'll give this a go. Not sure which kit to use yet but I have a decal sheet with a 6 Sqn GR1 on it that I'll go for.

WHO'S BEEN IN MY STRAIT JACKET STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

One day...after I bought my 15th Hase/Revell 1/48 Phantom... I found the jacket next to my bed.

Oh, and a picture of my family, my shift schedule for the next 30 years and a note saying "When do you ever want to build them, moron?" :banghead:

Edited by coneheadff

Bloody hell, just finished my Wildcat to clear the decks and make a start on a 1/12 F1 car and then I come across this GB.

I've got a 1/48 Airfix Jag in the stash and always been looking for an excuse to build it, so I guess I'm in. But I'm looking for a scheme which is a little different, something colourful but failing that I might try the winter camo scheme as thats always looked pretty striking.

Cheers

Doc

I'm in as well, looks like the Fast Jet GB on the ATF won't be a Jag so I'll fly the flag here. I'm sure there's a bucket load of irony that my first non-ATF GB is in fact an Airfix kit :analintruder:

I'll be doing the 1/48 GR1A in gulf colours because I like all the bombs hanging off it. Straight OOB for me!

Best

Rich

I would love to build a RAF Germany Gr1 bird in 1/48.

Are there any decals out there? I searched the whole net but couldn't find any :weep:

I have the Airfix Gr3 that I have to convert...so not even decals for a grey/green a/c came with the kit

Can anyone help out with decals for a RAFG Jaguar?

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Gary,

count me in please (ex Coltishall and 14 Sqdn RAFG Sootie)

To make:

T2 XX847 AY 14 Sqdn Summer 1979 (Flew in it at Decci) or Poss

GR1 AB again of 14 Sqdn 78-80 (Its my initials)

Must use 1 or 2 of my 32 Jag kits stash!

Lots of Neils goodies to be used. :worthy:

NB:

TO ALL BUILDERS of the Airfix kits. Both Scales

If you displayy it Static (no engines runining) then the Aux Intakes are CLOSED!

You will have to fill them in for a staitc model. So many fab models 'spoilt' by keeping them open in a static pose.

Also early models/marks Rear Fuselage 'Noddy Cap' was round not Oval as might happen when you assemble the kit.

This item fell away from the a/c to pull the chute out of the brake para housing.

Nearly had a nasty at RAF Abingdon before a mod was introduced.

The angled tube above the Noddy Cap was a fuel vent affectionatley known as the Donkeys D**K.

Alex,

If you have an Xtradecal Tornado set with the 14 Sqdn Mks on then you can use these on your RAFG camo cat.

Dont worry too much about converting. Just check your references of the model you want to build.

RAFG Jags had NO o/w missile rails, two tanks, o/b pylon CBLS's and

/or sometimes C/L CBLS's. We didn't use CBU's that often.

XX760 AA of 14 Sqdn was the 1st Jag to carry LGB's on trials at Lossie. Sadly a/c ws lost on first day of trial when #2 Eng decided to shed a turbine. Boss was not happy.

Saw the tape from the Bucc Laser Deg a/c.

Later same pilot was shot down by an RAFG F-4 from Wildenrath. :oops:

Alex,

If you have an Xtradecal Tornado set with the 14 Sqdn Mks on then you can use these on your RAFG camo cat.

Dont worry too much about converting. Just check your references of the model you want to build.

RAFG Jags had NO o/w missile rails, two tanks, o/b pylon CBLS's and

/or sometimes C/L CBLS's. We didn't use CBU's that often.

XX760 AA of 14 Sqdn was the 1st Jag to carry LGB's on trials at Lossie. Sadly a/c ws lost on first day of trial when #2 Eng decided to shed a turbine. Boss was not happy.

Saw the tape from the Bucc Laser Deg a/c.

Later same pilot was shot down by an RAFG F-4 from Wildenrath. :oops:

Thanks for the answer!

I don't have the decals set but I have a AirDoc set for RAFG Phantoms. I'll try to scan the squadron markings and reduce them to the right size. I hope it will work.

About the loudout...I will try to get the tanks and the CBLs from Flightpath.

Man, what happened to the pilot? Could he get out safely? I saw a picture of the F-4 with Jaguar "kill" markings in the Airdoc book. It mentioned that the Jaguar was shot down but didn't mention the pilot.

I'll join this one I think. I'm going to do an RAF one from an Airfix 1/48 kit. No idea what markings or version yet, but it will have a Neomega cockpit (get that from Telford).

Joel

NB:

TO ALL BUILDERS of the Airfix kits. Both Scales

If you display it Static (no engines running) then the Aux Intakes are CLOSED!

You will have to fill them in for a static model. So many fab models 'spoilt' by keeping them open in a static pose.

Also early models/marks Rear Fuselage 'Noddy Cap' was round not Oval as might happen when you assemble the kit.

This item fell away from the a/c to pull the chute out of the brake para housing.

Nearly had a nasty at RAF Abingdon before a mod was introduced.

The angled tube above the Noddy Cap was a fuel vent affectionatley known as the Donkeys D**K.

Any chance of pointing out where these bits are exactly on a diagram or picture, as a WW2 props guys I haven't a clue what and where these bits are. I'm assuming the sticky out door bits on the fuselage behind the wing are a brake of some sort, so would be closed when parked up?

Anybody want to do an idiots guide - illustrated, to the mods needed to meet the accepted standard?

Best

Rich

Anybody want to do an idiots guide - illustrated, to the mods needed to meet the accepted standard?

Best

Rich

That's a good idea... which is why I had it yesterday! :lol::smartass:

Any chance of pointing out where these bits are exactly on a diagram or picture, as a WW2 props guys I haven't a clue what and where these bits are. I'm assuming the sticky out door bits on the fuselage behind the wing are a brake of some sort, so would be closed when parked up?

Best

Rich

I think one of the best reference is Neil's, Mr. Paragon himself, T2 build over on ARC. You will not only see what was ment but also get a lot of inspiration.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....2&hl=jaguar

Alex

Any chance I could get clarification of what "at least at the early stages of a build" means? I started an Airfix 48th one about a year ago - it's hopefully going to represent one in deep maintenance, so thus far I've cut out most of the fuselage panels & the engine bay doors (yup, in a year!!) So I haven't actually started 'building' it yet! Can I enter this? May have paragon seat& flaps, but everything else will be scratchbuilt. No idea what colour I intend to paint it!

If I can enter it, it may actually give me the incentive to get on with the thing!

Cheers

Keith

Edited by keefr22

Any chance I could get clarification of what "at least at the early stages of a build" means? I started an Airfix 48th one about a year ago - it's hopefully going to represent one in deep maintenance, so thus far I've cut out most of the fuselage panels & the engine bay doors (yup, in a year!!) So I haven't actually started 'building' it yet! Can I enter this? May have paragon seat& flaps, but everything else will be scratchbuilt. No idea what colour I intend to paint it!

If I can enter it, it may actually give me the incentive to get on with the thing!

Cheers

Keith

Look Keeeefff- if the BOSS of the build is cheeeting- I don't see why we you shouldn't... :hobbyhorse:

Edited by Mentalguru

Jaguar was shot down but didn't mention the pilot.

:thumbsup:

He got out ok and pdq. He had no time to bang out in a prepared state so to speak it was Jag Pilot real real eject eject eject.

Within 3 secs he had gone from flying over RAFG to seeing his a/c blow up under him. Another satisfied MB user.

The XX760 incident was a bit calmer by comparison, had chance to get his poise correct pull the straps tighter then eject with Jag heading off to safety over the North Sea.

At the final p**s up we said you ought to give up flying 2 ejects in 7 months is telling you something!

Also he was a station pilot keeping up his hours, not a sqdn pilot.

Cheers

Keith

Seems fair enough to me Keith, welcome aboard. Now let's see some progress shots! ;)

Jaguar was shot down but didn't mention the pilot.

:thumbsup:

He got out ok and pdq. He had no time to bang out in a prepared state so to speak it was Jag Pilot real real eject eject eject.

Within 3 secs he had gone from flying over RAFG to seeing his a/c blow up under him. Another satisfied MB user.

The XX760 incident was a bit calmer by comparison, had chance to get his poise correct pull the straps tighter then eject with Jag heading off to safety over the North Sea.

At the final p**s up we said you ought to give up flying 2 ejects in 7 months is telling you something!

Also he was a station pilot keeping up his hours, not a sqdn pilot.

Ouch...that hurts! Two times in seven month

Glad to hear he got out without harms!