Sepecat Jaguar GB - welcome all

Gary West

For those who are interested the link below goes to the YouTube film of the Jaguar Marine on trials aboard the Clemenceau... Let's see if mine looks anything like it.... That undercarriage is going to need quite a few mods... :lol:

I'd say you've got your work cut out for you there mate! Sure you'll nail it though.

I wasn't going to join this, having just sold my only Jag. But then I accidentally bought an Italeri T.2 in Hobbycraft just now. So I'm in! :lol:

Colour scheme to be decided...........

Jen.

Ah well, accidents will happen. Welcome aboard Jen.

Count me in, I have a Revell 1/72 GR1 in the stash, and some Modeldecals for wraparound scheme Jags at an early RIAT.

Cool, another interesting scheme!

I'd say you've got your work cut out for you there mate! Sure you'll nail it though.

Ah well, accidents will happen. Welcome aboard Jen.

Cool, another interesting scheme!

I have the (very rare) 1970s Heller 1/50 Jag M (yes, I am that autistic :D ) - it is a bit of a collector's item (and also a bloody awful kit to make) so I won't be using that but it should provide a good base for sorting the undercarriage on the 1990's 1/48 Jag A

Maybe I will finally exorcise this Jag M thing and I can get back to my SAAF Cheetahs.... I will think of this build as therapy

Assuming I can find the box in the loft, I'm in with a 1:48 Airfix kit - It'll probably be a 41 Sqn Aircraft with the pearlescent white tail - but then, it might not... :hmmm:

Assuming I can find the box in the loft, I'm in with a 1:48 Airfix kit - It'll probably be a 41 Sqn Aircraft with the pearlescent white tail - but then, it might not... :hmmm:

It WILL be Martin- even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming to the local Auto paint suppliers...

AND_ you have got ME started- so no backing out- else I'll be round to nick all your Jag decals :wicked:

It WILL be Martin- even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming to the local Auto paint suppliers...

AND_ you have got ME started- so no backing out- else I'll be round to nick all your Jag decals :wicked:

Never fear, O Mental one - I've found the box, plus another one I'd forgotten about... which means I've got three I could use :yahoo:

Pulling out all the resin bits shows I've got 2 sets each of Neils wheels, flaps and exhausts, 2 Neomega Cockpits and a Flightpath set of Jaguar tanks and pods, and also a set of Flightpath TMD Cluster Bombs.

I can feel an operational jet coming on as well - ATRF pink or grey, I'm not sure yet :hmmm:

I've been having a look, and I think that I might have a go at the Jaguar ACT, would that qualify?? Would need to make up the leading edge strakes, but wouldn't think it'd be too hard. Decals may be a bit of an issue, but I've been fancying a go at making some of my own for a while.

For the who don't know it, here it is...

jaguar_act_1.jpg

Karl.

Never fear, O Mental one - I've found the box, plus another one I'd forgotten about... which means I've got three I could use :yahoo:

Pulling out all the resin bits shows I've got 2 sets each of Neils wheels, flaps and exhausts, 2 Neomega Cockpits and a Flightpath set of Jaguar tanks and pods, and also a set of Flightpath TMD Cluster Bombs.

I can feel an operational jet coming on as well - ATRF pink or grey, I'm not sure yet :hmmm:

Ooohh goody- I can feel some horse trading coming on :analintruder:

Ok, I'm in.

Kit =>

Hasegawa GR1/A 1/72

Aftermarket =>

- Airwaves MB mk9 seat

- Eduard photo etched for ... Jaguar A! (Nevermind)

- Model alliance decal sheet International Selection.

- Wing tanks from Italeri Jaguar E.

I'll go for a Fuerza Aerea Ecuatoriana Jag ES, FAE 327 from Escuadron de combate 2111 "Jaguares".

Can I join in with a Hasegawa Jag, airwaves resin wing and some stuff from the airfix kit. The bit of kit that I work on is right there in the nose, that's as good a reason to build one.

Graham.

Edited by Graham

OK! I've found some good pictures of XZ103 in the 41 Sqn 2005 Display Scheme, so that will be my entry!

Wish me luck, I'm going in...

Ok Gary, you've twisted my arm.....count me in!

(I had been planning these for a long time.....and they may appear in print next year....this has gien me the nudge to get started.......)

Anyway, both in 1/48th scale.....

(i) GR1 XX721 of 54 Sqn ca 1975 with a pointy nose! (the a/c in one of the Airfix 1/72nd boxes

and

(ii) T2 ????? of 6 Sqn ca 1990's - or maybe one of the RAFG squadrons - not sure yet

Airfix kits with loads of Neil's finest parts (Flaps, slats, burner cans, wheels, 2-seater set......added along with a NeoMega 'pit!)

(Actually I have already started the GR1 - the NeoMega 'pit is painted and glued to one fuselage half, and I've opened the wheel wells in preparation of some detail work -is this still eligible Gary?)

(Actually I have already started the GR1 - the NeoMega 'pit is painted and glued to one fuselage half, and I've opened the wheel wells in preparation of some detail work -is this still eligible Gary?)

Seeing it's you Bill yes, but don't tell anyone else will ya ;)

Might throw a green/grey Indian Jag into the mix. Time will tell. I have the Hasegawa GR.1 and a Neomega cockpit on the way.