Sepecat Jaguar GB - welcome all

Gary West

Right you Orrible lot, knives sharpened, paint stirred and Jaguar kits out of the stash. The Sepecat Jaguar group build is about to begin.

The Rules:

- Jaguars with wings ONLY - no vroom vrooms please (and no sticking wings onto your vroom vroom)

- No "What if's" allowed.....so sorry.

- Any scale allowed.

- Your entry should be either completely unstarted or at least at the early stages of a build. No popping a canopy on something 95% finished :hmmm:

- Jaguars from any user nations can be included - will add a list later.

- Models do not have to be straight OOB and there are NO limitations to all those after market goody's that you can use.

- The winners will be decided by vote and a poll will be set up.

- Prizes - I know we don't need prizes to tempt us, but if we can collectively muster some goodies up over the next few days, a seperate announcement will be made.

- Have fun

Sadly, I've forgotten the usual GB periods, so I'll add the completeion date in later.

Gentlemen (and Jen) start your Adours.

I think I might be in with a 1:48 Airfix Jag, although I've no idea what I'll be doing with it. I have some decals & a Neomega cockpit, but when I'll start I have no idea :hmmm:

Anyone here fancy volunteering to knock up some banners for the GB?

Can I enter 2? I've got an Italeri T.2 and a Revell GR1.A to do, both 1/72... the Revell GR.1A in grey/green, 2 Sqn...

Just had a thought on a banner, but hadn't got any good piccies to mess with...

Karl.

Edited by dswoofie

Never done a group build before but have a 1/48 airfix jag thats been sitting gathering dust for a long time and this will be a good reason to do it. Have an old set of decals knocking about for an anniversary 41Sqn aircraft with a wrap round camo and a red tail / spine that i`ll give a try .

Sandy

Count me in, i have been looking forward to this one.

I will be building the 1:48 Airfix GR1 in Nigerian colours (decals very generously donated by Gary (RDXTNT) Thanks again.)

I am a member of North Somerset Modellers and we have a do not feed the animals theme at Telford this year, so i will try to get this one finished for then.

Then i might try and build the second one in my stash as an OpGranby pink jobbie, maybe.

All good choices chaps, :welcome: really looking forward to seeing these take shape over the coming months :thumbsup:

I'm torn between a T2 very early scheme or a pre squadron entry development GR1.....choices choices :hmmm:

Ooh, do the development bird Gary! Go on, you know it'd look good and different next to those two you ain't got finished yet :coolio:

I'm in Airfix 1/72 GR.3, built as GR.1 XZ367/'Debbie' in Op. Granby - thank you Col :worthy:

:viking:

No problem mate, glad to see them go to a good home :D

Have to say, I'm very impressed with the range of machines being planned so far and the colour schemes they will be wearing. Particularly pleased to see mention of two export birds and the M in the mix as well.

At this rate it's gonna be a good one and we ain't even started yet :lol:

For those who are interested the link below goes to the YouTube film of the Jaguar Marine on trials aboard the Clemenceau... Let's see if mine looks anything like it.... That undercarriage is going to need quite a few mods... :lol: