Bill Neill

Phil W

Mish

Doug Rogers

Muller

Osirsia

Dan

Christopher

If I have missed anyone off the list please let me know.

Am looking forward to this GB as it will afford for most of us an adventure into new realms of modelling.

Plenty of time to sort out rules and definitions, but the main thing is to have a blast.

and welcome aboard the GB of Futures Past chaps!

Ditto Christopher

Have received a bit of a boost thanks to a generous member of the Sheffield model Group.

Have a Tamiya 1/700 Shokaku WW2 aircraft carrier kit to play with,

I really like the look of it, tbh. If it was 1/350 I would just have to build it as it comes oob!

Any hoo it looks like I have a basic frame work and some of the parts will be really useful! :D

There are no instructions, but they are for cissies, and it isn't like I am going to need them :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one (I think :boom: ).

My current plans are based on a steam powered Vickers Vimy Commercial.

See you all down the road.

Cliff

I just purchased this fellow to go alongside with my build. Im thinking a steam flyer.

Its a representation of Calbraith Perry Rodgers. (i didnt know who he was either)

rodgers.jpg

• 3 months later...
When: TBA (late 2011/Early2012)

Hosts: Walrus and Deon

When it comes to setting the dates, could I put in a personal request please for the GB to start by 1st November at the latest (if that's OK)?

Cliff

May it be so :) Although I just gave the base model for my steam flying sub to a freind, so Ill have to come up with another idea... ahhh there's one.. Colonial land ship, floated by antigravetium mined from Tibet, Nepal and India ( that's what the east iNdia company were really after) with steam powered grapnels for hauling up slopes, a brace of gatling guns and a hold full of bootnecks :)

It's down to Mish Cliff ;)

Wot for you give your steampunk bitz away for Deon? :P

The base model was a 1/48th tempest, to be reversed and upturned to make a 1/72 steam sub with wings, but a friend wanted to try one, so off it goes :) Ive been waiting years to get the land ship project going and nows the chance, my only quandary is whether to attach tracked tripod outriggers, or leave it as a floater. I might scribble some rough plans and let the massive decide.

Add me to this crowd...I'm thinking of something from the John Carter of Mars series of novels by Edgar Rice Burrows. Some flying machine from the Helium Empire....

Cheers,

ggc

Burrows wrote more than just the Tarzan series....John Carter, ex US Cival war soldier, gets teleported to MARS and since the gravity on Earth is heavier than Mars he is possessed with above average strength and agility [ by Martian standards] good thing too, since the bad guy "green" martians are 10 feet tall and have four arms. The good Martians are red and John Carter joins forces with the red Martians of Helium to wage war with the green guys....The warring powers have lighter than air ships and airiel battle royal is commonplace...

A good read if your of the mind.... :analintruder:

HeliumCheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

That would be cool, say..... Sir Richard Burton sounding a bit like Donald Duck .... :analintruder:

Cheers,

ggc

Dohh! Still fink it woulda been better wiv Tarzan :lol:

Sounds interesting.

I would like to hear the talking book narrated by a famous actor sucking on the helium

The thought of (say) Brian Blessed on Helium absolutely cracks me up!!!

:rofl:

Burrows wrote more than just the Tarzan series....John Carter, ex US Cival war soldier, gets teleported to MARS and since the gravity on Earth is heavier than Mars he is possessed with above average strength and agility [ by Martian standards] good thing too, since the bad guy "green" martians are 10 feet tall and have four arms. The good Martians are red and John Carter joins forces with the red Martians of Helium to wage war with the green guys....The warring powers have lighter than air ships and airiel battle royal is commonplace...

A good read if your of the mind.... :analintruder:

HeliumCheers,

ggc

A more literate thought on John Carter....

"YEATES: J. C. is an enigma, an eternal fighting man who never ages, but always appears about thirty. When the story begins he has just lost everything in the American War Between the States where he was a Captain from Virginia, so he heads west in search of gold. While hiding from Apaches in a mysterious Arizona cave he is overcome by some sort of gas, loses consciousness, and wakes up having separated from his earthly body, which appears to be lying dead at his feet. Looking out of the cave at the night sky he sees the planet Mars, his god, the god of the fighting man, and is mystically, instantly, teleported there. Or something like that. "

BTW Disney is working on an animated feature film "John Carter of Mars" scheduled for release in 2012..

Martian Cheers,

ggc

It's late and the brain is playing tricks.

now I have this:

The thought of (say) Brian Blessed on Helium absolutely cracks me up!!!

+

This:

Disney is working on an animated feature film "John Carter of Mars" scheduled for release in 2012.

= Brian Blessed singing helium squeeky Disney songs a la Pocahontas!

How on Mars am I supposed to get to sleep tonight?