* Deon's M3 A1: FINISHED.

Deon

here's the obligatory box and contents

box.jpg

I've since finished most of the build. Just need to drill out the road wheels add a few lugs and handles. Should be doing an m3 of the US forces in Tunisia 1943, overall olive drab with mud camo applied, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen! :) I'll post my progress as soon as the wife's finished hogging the 'puter :(

Edited by Deon

grab handles, lugs etc from copper wire, light guards from some steel strip, lightening holes in the road wheels, all done. A bit rough I know but hopefully an improvement on the kit, there's a few more things id like to do such as replacing the tow lugs on the front and remaking the front bracket from etch, but maybe next time. So a quick break and off to the loft for some olive drab :)

DSCF0021.jpg

I was tempted by the desert cheme, but I was never sure whether the masking would be asking too much! Also I have a tendency to depict things from 1942 - 43 if I can, hence choosing the US version.

Any how, primed dark green but will take a while to dry as i over did it a bit, ill take a pic once the highlights have been added.. :)

All done, and I was right, a complete disaster of a scheme, somehow slapping mud on a tank just makes it look like a s41t model.

i tried several times to get a decent mud effect, to no avail. i might give this a matt coat, as although I think the sheen is right for clean ish tank, it just looks wrong, tried to get some track sag too, but had to be careful as they were starting to split.

decals went on fine :)

So here she is, M3A1 1st Armored 2nd Batt. Makanassy , Tunisia 1943

DSCF0022-1.jpg

DSCF0023-2.jpg

Edited by Deon

Thanks chaps, Id love to do another one, fix all the mistakes I made and make more improvements, if I can find one on evilbay, Ill try and get it done for the GB, in the meantime Ive got something to Finnish for the Finnish GB and something to start for the Nightfighter GB.

:)

Edited by Deon

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good to me mate!

I only did mine in dessert colours as I had just got the caunter colours from xtracolor and wanted to see what they looked like. I am not even sure it is an accurate scheme. I did win a silver for it though in our local competition. Judges must have been wee weed!

Julien

Looks good to me mate!

I only did mine in dessert colours as I had just got the caunter colours from xtracolor and wanted to see what they looked like. I am not even sure it is an accurate scheme. I did win a silver for it though in our local competition. Judges must have been wee weed!

Julien

Sometimes the gods smile on us, sometimes they don't. i particularly value the wins when Im the only competitor! :) Ive yet to try this one out at the next branch meeting, I enjoy a good laugh as much as the next fool!

Edited by Deon