Tiger WIP nearly complete and with Female Mechanic

Not a lot to show in construction Body is one serious bit of solid resin, added the legs, sprayed in grey primer, over primed with red primer....... both Halfords finest, topped of with Matt white aerosol and then weathered by Hairy brush and toally Vallejo Acrylics............ Do you think I have gone to far?, some may look a bit harsh in places where it is on going but in other areas you can see where the white and rust are being blended with a creamy brown to merge them abit............... taken about 8 hours painting so far, some bits such as his weapon are not done yet.........

So on with the pics and please comments are welcome and desired, they help me evolve my painting styles.

Thank you for listening

UPDATED Pics in later post

Edited by TonyT

If i say anything else nice about yours kits Tony we will have to get a room.

You going to have any grafitti or personal kill markings on the beast?

Edited by Pilgrim_UK

Just the usual stuff like Luna pawn kill markings or walker kill markings. The name of the pilot on the outside like planes.

Merc or Army id markings.

No Idea what merc or army markings are like, kit came without instructions or paintscheme / decals......

Like the idea of some nose art so will open it up on here to see if anyone can come up with a good one to add, I thought Gertrude as it reminds me of a waddling white goose in stature.

Some update pics, still have a couple of bits to put on / figure out where they go..

Bothbig.jpg

Both.jpg

Both1.jpg

Both2.jpg

Thanks all, I think I have finally found what I have been desperately searching for........ My Modelling Niche :)

wait to you see what I am thinking of next.......... :D :D :D

As I said above

I Like the idea of some nose art, so will open it up on here to see if anyone can come up with a good one to add, I thought Gertrude as it reminds me of a waddling white goose in stature

Edited by TonyT

• 2 months later...

Outstanding work Tony. :speak_cool:

The weathering is superb. I really like the new un-painted hip armour panel. The rust effect on that one is absolutely spot on. :thumbsup: In fact, all of the chipped paint and rust effects are very convincing. Top notch job :goodjob:

I'm not fond of this design of walker if I'm honest but I am fond of what you've done with it. It really looks heavy and cast.

Your mech-chick is beautifully rendered too. The cloth of her overalls looks realistically grubby and suits her to a tee.

Any plans to mount these two up on a little base?

Another quickie.....do you get over to the Fichtenfoo Forums? They'd love to see these. ;)

Thanks for sharing. I'd appreciate any links to other stuff like this you might have done buddy, cheers.

:clap:

Brilliant work Tony, I remember watching the last one you did when you showed the painting steps; throughout, I was thinking 'this looks like an awful mess' much the same as I do when Im painting. The difference is the end result looks fantastic and utterly convincing, you're an inspiration, thankyou :)