Moebius 2001 Moonbus

• 7 months later...

My first impression is that the padding (?) on the hull sides is a tan colour of sorts, not unlike the padding on the Skydiver sets, that kind of 70s beige.

Working thru' my Moonbus in the coming days.

I've found it helps to take a modular approach. I completed and painted the undercarriage some time ago but I found recently I was becoming to obsessive and mesmerised by the 'true' details of the interior. Whilst I have the aforementioned update kits, even so there are extras to add and details to be part-guessed at. I haven't read any of the other online threads on the moonbus so doubtless what I'm waffling on about has been covered in greater detail elsewhere, but recently I bought a fairly decent smart TV with a handy zoom option, so I've got a move on. If Mr. Greendragon here doesn't object, I might post a couple of pics - but when I'm closer to completion I'll open a WiP thread.

Looking at the links and at my own screen, plus photos I've seen elsewhere - it looks like the floor is a shiny natural metal with white velcro, or taped-on parallel lines. I'll be using the aluminium from a disposeable baking tray for that. There are edging strips on the inner edges of the raised platforms (upon which the seats and cargo sit) which extend the full length of the platforms, and they are either a very pale grey colour or white. For some reason during the scene where the monolith is being discussed by the moonbus passengers, the colour stock seems to bloom in and out of tone. There are times where I could swear the interior padding is black, or a dun blue-grey. However, towards the end of the scene, the colour changes to the 'tan' seen in the links here (and the fwd passenger cabin bulkhead also has a tan edging padding around the doorway) so I settled on Tamiya 'Khaki' which looks about right - if maybe incongruous in the same manner as the mustard yellow adorning the passenger cabin of the Aries.

I'm really surprised the various update kits missed the (nitrogen? oxygen?) bottles prominently strapped to each interior window frame? I discovered that the Monogram B-36 Peacemaker bomber kit comprised racks of bombs, the individual bombs from which, with a wee bit of modification, can provide those canisters. But like I said. It was a strange omission.