F16C Barak

DAVE V

Just a quick question, does this aircraft carry the Litning pod on the intake pylon, or if not do they carry any other targetting pod. As im in the middle of my Kinetic build and again the instructions are not good concerning the placement of the IDF items.

Many thanks Dave

All the photos I've seen recently of Israeli F-16s show them with LITENING pods. Seeing as LITENING is largely "home grown", I can't imagine seeing them with anything else other than maybe LANTIRN...

Slightly o/t, but do Sufa's carry Litening or Lantirn, or both, and am I right in thinking they carry the Nav pod as well?

Joel

Sufa carries both, F-16D carries the targeting pod.

However, I`m unsure about Israeli F-16C single seaters carrying targeting pods and there does seem to be some debate about this.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=159647

Israeli single seat`C` usually seem to carry pre-programmed GPS weapons that are more easily released by a single crewman, the regularly stated belief on t`web is that Israel feels that it takes a crew of two to target weapons, such as laser guided bombs, during a mission in a high threat area.

Single seat Baraks may have the capability (a big `may`) but it is far more likely, and common, to see targeting pods carried by two-seat Baraks and Sufas.

Cheers, Ian :drink: