Typhoon Reference Information - UPDATED with corrected Italian Typhoon colours

Bobski

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I am trying to draw some decals for the 37th Stormo Typhoons of the Italian air force. I got some good photo references of the "strali" below the cockpit and of the checks on the tail, but all the pics I got of the stork are a little too far away or taken quite at an angle.

It would be a big help for me if you can post close ups of the stork if you have any.

Thanks

Cheers

Paolo

• 3 weeks later...

The Olimp Typhoon intakes set is out on Hannants, mine just arrived.

Stephen

Be wary of Olimp's sets. Their weapons are good but their exhausts don't fit at all. They're so big that I can't see how it would be possible to get them to fit.

Edited by Bobski
  • Like 1

When is a laser guided bomb not a laser guided bomb?....

When it's an Air Data Gathering Bomb..

2 x 1000lb data gathering bombs (along with a ride-along PWII 'pylon filler') in PWII role flying Typhoon environmental trails. Note the bolt-on nose cones. Engineered by Portsmouth Aviation Ltd, instrumented by Cranfeild Aerospace.

(With thanks to my very old mate Jez B for the pics...)

b313ed277510935.jpg 64e722277510940.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I am trying to draw some decals for the 37th Stormo Typhoons of the Italian air force. I got some good photo references of the "strali" below the cockpit and of the checks on the tail, but all the pics I got of the stork are a little too far away or taken quite at an angle.

It would be a big help for me if you can post close ups of the stork if you have any.

Thanks

Cheers

Paolo

Hi All

Thanks to the very kind contribution of a fellow britmodeller (Thanks Guillaume) I progressed quite a lot on my project to create a set decals for 37 stormo Typhoons, the next step would be to find the right dimension for the decals.

I learn a lot in the process and I would love to be able to also fill a couple of other holes in AMI Typhoon line-up 36 stormo 12 and 10 groups and 20 groups (I would love to have a Typhoon with the lion head)

If you have pictures that may be useful I will be very grateful if you can send them to me, and I will credit you as source.

Thanks

Paolo

strali3dim_zps9f634aae.jpg

cicognaelosangadafotocornicelinea_zpsc11

P.s. Mods please move my message if you think it is not the right place

Edited by Paolo6691

• 4 months later...

No worries Bobski, was just figuring loads for my fleet (wanted something different). PW IV I figure wont be long, 17 have been seen with them already. I know trials of Storm Shadow are being carried out in Italy. As for Brimstone, according to the MBDA website, isn't set for integration until 2020 (which I'm amazed at).

• 1 month later...

Hi All,
I'm newly returned to modelling after nearly 40 years, so effectively a complete novice.
Frankly I'm gobsmacked by the changes in detail and accuracy that is available nowadays .
I've just bought a 1:48 Revell Twin Seat Typhoon, which I intend to build after I've had some practice on a few simpler models.
The fact that the decals come in those of my old Squadron appealed to me,(what I'm thinking of is building a collection of aircraft from the squadron "Through the ages").
Just wondered if I can get any advice on where to go for suitable resin upgrade parts, particularly cockpit, ejection seats and pilot figures, although any advice on building this particular kit would be gratefully received.

Edited by Spook300Bass

There is no replacement cockpit for the twin-seat Typhoon, nor are there any resin seats in 1/48 as far as I'm aware. With some careful painting the kit parts come out really well, and the seats only really need some harnesses adding to them. Eduard do photo-etch sets for these, but make sure you get the ones for the Revell kit.

As for build advice, the best advice is to take your time. The fit in some areas is tricky, but with care it can be built into a superb model. Put a WIP in the Work-in-Progress forum, I'd love to see how you get on :-)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a picture of the access point for the ground power unit, I need to know which access hatch the gpu is attached to if they are not using an apu to start with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...