Buildings

T-Tango

Hi guys, I would like your thoughts, if I wanted to build a diorama for my 1/32 stringbags, could I get away with using 1/35 building ruins, ie Verlinden etc. or would they look too small, as there doesn't seem to be many 1/32 or 54mm buildings about.

Guest snipersmudge

there is a difference between 1/32 and 1/35 scale and also 54mm for example a door which in real life measures 6ft 6in high scales to 57mm in 1/35th, 59mm in 54mm and 62mm in 1/32nd. If you are not intending to put figures in the diorama/display I think you could get away with 1/35th buildings however if you used 54mm or 1/32nd figures they would show up the scale difference however small to the viewer. One possible avenue would be to look for 1/32nd buildings from toy solider retailers, I.E figures ready painted and for collectors as these are usually in 1/32nd scale.

Another alternative is to make your own buildings in the correct scale.

If you are building ruins etc I can give you the correct dimensions for bricks etc in 1.32nd scale

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

No problems old chap, this link is also useful http://jbwid.com/scalcalc.htm

A brick in 1/32 is, 7mm long, 3.5mm wide and 2.3mm thick. The link above will let you scale down or up kit parts as well as real life things like wondows etc

Pete

Hi

I have read that the Miniart range of buildings are made to fit within the 1/32 to 1/35 sizes. They do a good range but mostly are of war torn damaged buildings and also are vac formed kits which some people can't get on with from a construction point of view. Miniart do have instructional videos on their web site to help. If you decide to go diy they also do accessory kits containing doors windows etc. which may be of interest.

Miniart Website

Another alternative is Monroe Pedru who make resin buildings and market these as 1/32 although many 1/35 scale modellers use them. In the UK they are sold by DB Models

Monroe Perdu

DB Models

Hope its of some help.

Alan

Edited by alanmac

Hi Pete,

I have a similar problem with 1/144 scale aircraft as I use N-guage vehicles and buildings. These can range from 1/150 to 1/160.

I find a way around this (it won't fool the rivet counters) is to put the smaller scale stuff at the back and my 1/144 aircraft at the front. This gives it a little perspective in depth.

Not foolproof but can look OK.

Mike