Space Wolves: Making my own pups

Inspired by osirsia's AoBR bundle of excellence thought I would share my long term Space Wolves project

Sorry it is all in B&W at the moment but am still in the planning stages really

The idea is to have a renegade (or is it traitor ?) pack of "White Wolves" in any case they don't take any notice of the Imperium but are not chaotic.

However heresy is written all over them as they have Female leaders and yes I know it isn't possible yady yady yah! :P

preliminary concept sketches:

006.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

Any hoo having started on a pack of Grey Hunters found that they are not true scale so am going to chop em all up into pieces and stick em back together again.

Bit like wot happens to Space Marines really

020.jpg

003.jpg

going to design some new masks and equipment for the pups

again an early concept for the mask

009.jpg

have been looking at some WW1 tankers armour for inspiration as well as Viking art of course :viking:

Basically I am an idiot as each figure will have to be individually crafted now! In future am probably going to get ordinary SM's to chop up as am going to lose much of the Wolfie accessories.

Would be grateful of any comments

Thanks

Edited by walrus

Thats really good loving the viking feel to it your artwork isnt too shabby either i used to spend hours drawing this stuff up i wish i still had it, id scan some up for you but many years have past and i think my old bids consinged them too the bin :( im definately going to keep watching the progress on this as i mentioned on the other guys thread i was a big fan of the wolves because of their indivualness compared to other marines

Russ

Hi Walrus.

There was a story in White Dwarf about a world of female warriors trained by the Space Wolves so your female "White Wolves" would fly.

don't take any notice of the Imperium but are not chaotic.

However heresy is written all over them as they have Female leaders

The back story was very like this with the Imperial Marines refusing to accept them so they did their own thing and would only help the Space Wolves if needed.

So you have a good case there and best of luck with the models -- maybe you can beat those pesky wood elves this time.

Dave

thanks for the support guys :D

much appreciated

Dave that is very interesting

you don't happen to know which edition that was in do you please?

Think the Wood Elves might have a hard time against the bolters and the close combat doesn't bear thinking about :owww:

:lol:

There is the sisters of battle too nothing to do with space wolves just women space marines(kind of) who are part of the inquisition it may help you to remodel one of them in space wolf attrire

Russ

Dave that is very interesting

you don't happen to know which edition that was in do you please?

Sorry Walrus still looking for the original but havent given up yet.

It went something like this , as far as this senile brain can remember :)

In a galaxy on the far flung reaches of the Empire was a lonely planet which was invaded by the forces of Chaos.

They appealed to the Empire for help but troops where busy somewhere else and only the Space Wolves were near enough to try and help. Now the planet wasn't rich in anything at all and the people just about scratched a living on there, so no-one was in a real rush to aid it.

By the time the Space Wolves got there the forces of Chaos had tested out a new virus that killed only males and left a whole planet full of females- most of whom where in hiding.However the virus had also geneticly modifide some of the females so that they had become as strong as any male, a side effect that Chaos had not counted on.

Space Wolves arrive and the battle for the planet begins with the Wolves slowly gaining the upper hand.

On Chaos's side their forces can be used more usefully else where and they know the virus works, the planet is useless so they withdraw leaving the planet in the Wolves hands.

Now the Wolves have gained a sort of "Home" planet where they are made erm "most welcome" (lol skip that bit edited for sexual context). Now move forward a few generations.

The long lasting effect of the virus means that no male children are being born so you have a planet full of females, run by females and protected by Space Wolves, but that protection cannot go on forever. Technology has advanced by leaps and bounds so the females decide to form their own army modelled on the Space Marines which they do.

However the Empire refuses to accept them as such only the Space Wolves do so. Futher genetic modification take place and the army becomes as tough, if not tougher, than any normal marines but owing allegance to no-one.

As far as I can remember it that was the back story - not sure if I have it all right but I'll keep on looking.

Feel free to correct any mistakes I may have made.

Dave

Many thanks Dave

much appreciated :winkgrin:

The opening ties closely with my own concept of what happened.

Wasn't planning on having female only tbh but if I can track down the source it will be brilliant and will go with your story! :D

Will just need to get a load of female heads

Any way the tale is helpful even if the source doesn't turn up.

• 1 month later...

Hope it is okay but I though rather than have lots of threads dotted throughout the sub forum I would bung it all into this thread and use it as a sort of blog.

Have been making a chemplant for the gang at the library.

0062.jpg

0082.jpg

0092.jpg

At the moment they are into Necromunda which is a skirmish scale spin off from 40K. But it could be used for 40K as well

The games are a lot quicker and a lot of fun. We have been running a campaign. Today we played a variation whereby they teamed up as with a single bounty hunter each against my gang of scavvies.

Still needs a bit more work but nearly there.

TBH the kids didn't care, they liked it :D

The zombies are from my Hero Quest game and were used (unsurprisingly) as zombies today.

Thanks Osi

Yeah you have to have a go at making terrain :D

(will try and pop up some pics of one or two other bits at some point)

The pups are still in design stage at the mo.

Will be messing about with the concept for a while and constantly changing my mind no doubt.

It will be a long term project and I am sorely wishing I had never heard the expression true scale! :lol:

Also other things are getting in the way. More terrain needed, Anima Tactics figures to paint, WHFB stuff, group Builds etc etc :frantic:

I wish I handn't already assembled the Space Wolf unit as it makes life a bit harder to convert those. It means some of the wolfie specific details will be lost/damaged :doh:

Yesterday did a sketch to work out the proportions of a true scale marine which brought home the fact that there is a 1/3 extra height to add to a 6 footer! Anyway I managed to bag the SM component from a Black Reach set for £16 inc postage! :D So will have the captain, 10 tactical marines, 5 terminators, and a dreadnaught to put under the scalpel! :evil_laugh: