Millennium Falcon - my first sci-fi build in 30 years

I decided to paint the stand today, as the model looks a little "flat" on my shelf, so I filled the ejector pin marks, primed it, sprayed a mix of black and deep blue as a base, then did a bit of white from a distance to give it a bit of distant star texture. I then put some white paint on an old brush and played the air from by airbrush through it randomly splattering the base with white dots of various sizes. The winking star was done by cutting a narrow slit in some paper, then using it as a mask to spray white onto the base.

It's a bit more interesting than plain black, and I quite like it :)

stand.jpg

• Like 1

That stand is like the cover of a 70's prog rock album cover or did i watch too much ole grey whistle test.

:lol: I think it's the old "twinkly star" effect that clinches it. It's one of the first things I learned when I tried to do a bit of airbrush art in the 80s :)

Looks very effective. Can we see it in situ, or does the ship get it the way too much for photos?

Obi-Jiff :fish:

TBH, the stand is fairly unobtrusive in use, but if I take a photo low down it'll show up. I'll try & remember tomorrow :)

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

She is gorgeous work.

Revell have, so I hear, have aquired the rites to the finemolds 1:72 so hopes to pick it up for half the price it goes for now. Just opened up the Revell easy kit, very nice to be honest, paint apps and detail are better than I was expecting.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
7 hours ago, F-32 said:

Quality work

Thanks :D I'm kind of wanting to get one of the more accurate Bandai/Revell Falcons done before too long.  Gotta love a nice Falcon :yes:

• 1 year later...

Hi Mike.
You've created a fantastic falcon.
Very good aging.
Congratulations. 👍