HMS Manxman

Ray S

Hello all, my first kit posting here. The Airfix Manxman was my way of practising for the WEM Abdiel. I enjoyed building this, and did a few modifications. I changed the profile of the breakwater and made it out of thin card, also replacing the splinter shields around the aft gun, around the pair of quad vickers guns either side of the bridge and the hemispherical one further aft. The mines were replaced with plastic rod, and the mine launch ramp was from plastic card prior to WEM etch being added. When I do these smaller kits I tend to work fore to aft, completing as I go rather than bottom to top. Railings are attached as I go, and I have found 'Glue n Glaze' is ideal for attaching railings, gripping well but still allowing flex to make minor adjustments. The masts were brass rod, and the crows nest was from contrail tubing trimmed to shape. I do have difficulty painting the etch, I always seem to miss parts no matter how I try to get it right. The old eyesight you know!

http://i47.tinypic.com/aey893.jpg

All I got to do is figure out how to get the pic to show!

aey893.jpg

2woaw5d.jpg

2meerly.jpg

x5xj61.jpg

eis93n.jpg

Lets see how that goes this time. Please be patient it took me a fortnight at Modelwarships!

Edited by Ray S
  • Like 1