Sci Fi and Space and Super Heroes GB

Maybe if it is a working time machine so you can go back in time and rebuild it

hang on...

I hate Time Travel stuff it always makes my head hurt :hypnotised:

Glad am not hosting this one :lol:

Or build it in reverse. So you start with a complete model and end with everything on the sprues in the box. Surely there's someone on here who's mad enough to try...

[/gauntlet]

Dan

Ooh, which version?

I got it from Comet Miniatures about 4 years ago with the silly idea of replicating their "Thunderchild" diorama, silly me!!! The kit needs some serious work on it, I have glued the two resin body parts together and now need a couple of gallons of filler!! Good job the martians didn't use these kits as they would never have had them built before the germs got them.

Sorry if that spoilt the ending of the film/book if anyone is not quite there yet.

I have managed to manipulate my eldest daughter into Sci-fi, to be fair there was little manipulation needed so watching DW, SW WoW is not a problem, although she will not watch the Tom Cruise version of WoW, though I don't blame her. We have plans when we move, house on market for 18 months and still waiting, to build a big version of the tripod to go in the garden, I fancy turning it into a bird box Sophie just wants to scare the bejesus out of her friends!!! With LED technology that might not be too difficult!

If I can get in the loft tonight I will see whose it was, although I think it is no longer in the original box.

Warren

I got it from Comet Miniatures about 4 years ago with the silly idea of replicating their "Thunderchild" diorama, silly me!!!

Somewhere I have an article from Fine Scale Modeler in which someone scratchbuilt two Jeff Wayne type Fighting Machines, and made a Thunder Child (converted from a plastic kit IIRC). It looked fantastic!

she will not watch the Tom Cruise version of WoW, though I don't blame her.

I quite like that version, although I've only seen it all the way through once. Of course, it doesn't have a Northrop flying wing dropping nuclear bombs on the Martians, but you can't have everything.

Obi-Jiff :fish:

Comet used that diorama or one similar to advertise the kit but explained in the small print you only got the tripod.

As for Tom's film Sophie does not like the atmospheric approach the director has used, too scarey for her, and this is a 15 year old who wants to do something in movies, particularly animation or special effects.

Warren

As I suspected, the tripod is in another box and the instructions are nowhere to be seen, certain it is a CM one though. Just for interest the eagle is from Warp, apt name looking at the wm parts! The resin tie fighter is BCI and probably 1/48 scale, nothing on the box or instructions need to check it against the fm one. It has no interior detail with the main body one casting and a total of 5 resin parts a 3 metal.

this is a 15 year old who wants to do something in movies, particularly animation or special effects.

Does she build models? If so, you could get her to join and enter the GB.

I am working on it, she took a bit of interest in the Airfix Starter Kit GB build I wasa doing. She is taking GCSE Art so enjoys painting. I might get her to hepl with a "what if" build idea I have, can't say anymore at the moment!

Has anyone else come across the BCI resin Tie Fighter, I picked it up of eBay about 18 months ago, would be nice if it had an interior, would mean re-casting the main body section and hollowing it out.

Warren

I am working on it...

Use the Force! dsid.gif

Has anyone else come across the BCI resin Tie Fighter

Not one I know, but I've tried to avoid resin SW kits, as I would want to buy them all!

I am working on it, she took a bit of interest in the Airfix Starter Kit GB build I wasa doing. She is taking GCSE Art so enjoys painting. I might get her to hepl with a "what if" build idea I have, can't say anymore at the moment!

Has anyone else come across the BCI resin Tie Fighter, I picked it up of eBay about 18 months ago, would be nice if it had an interior, would mean re-casting the main body section and hollowing it out.

Warren

It's just a resin pirate copy of one of the die-cast TIE's available in the early 1980's - 'BCI' is a private joke by the originator of the copies. It means 'Blatant Copyright Infringement'. Personally I'd look down a different route for a fighter with an interior - but of course, that's just my personal view. Naturally that resincast is of a size which is smaller than most other kits I'm aware of.

Warren, if you're looking for a larger TIE, the AMT kit (which came out in the 1990s) includes two complete plastic TIEs, with interior detail, in approx 1/51 scale. Even comes with a section of Death Star to use as a base. They haven't been in production for a while, so might not be that easy to find.

also chapps i would like some cheap Star Wars kits, not the revell easy kits, any recomendations

Not sure thare are such things other than looking through your local charity shop or trawling eBay.

Vince at Models for Sale did have a couple of FM Tie Interceptors at £18 rather than £23 due to damaged boxes, they might still be available.

'BCI' is a private joke by the originator of the copies. It means 'Blatant Copyright Infringement'

Makes sense looking at the kit, although it is avery good casting, I would not feel too bad about re-casting the hull and putting in an interior as it is already a rip-off, don't tell Mr Lucas though!!

Warren

obi, i NEED that emperor icon thingy how do i get it

Same way I did - nick it! I pinched it from one of Kev1n's posts, simply clicked on the 'reply' button on the post that contained the Emperor, and the normal reply box comes up containing the original post, in which the links to the icons appear written out in full, they're the ones wrapped in the 'img' tags in square brackets. All I did then was copied and pasted the thingy into a word document, which I saved to my computer.

To make it even easier, I'll repost it here:

dsid.gif

Along with this one, another favourite:

star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

Edited by Obi-Jiff Kenobi

I am working on it, she took a bit of interest in the Airfix Starter Kit GB build I was doing. She is taking GCSE Art so enjoys painting.

There has been a shift in the force!! We talked about careers last night and a couple of options on the Film theme were pro builder or model maker!! Looks like a trip into town this weekend and a family Sunday sat at the dining table. Result!

Hope she gets to do well in whichever direction she takes Madmonk- good luck to her!

Wish I could go back and look at career options again- production design would be high on the list!

I never knew what I wanted to do when I grew up :(

Still don't really :lol:

Got a 1/6 scale resin kit in my stash, of a character called 'Grey Fox' from the 'Metal Gear Solid' game franchise. He's a kick-bottom android ninja assassin;

GreyFox.jpg

Would he be OK? If so count me in.