Sci Fi and Space and Super Heroes GB

thanks mish

ok chaps

here's what we are about

All there are included

all super heros and villans

all sci fi i.e. Alien's battle star galactica, starwars, terminator.....

comic book heroes

gerry anderson stuff, stingray, jo 90......

war hammer / fantsay figures

space shuttles, rockets, probes (the space kind) space stations

what if space stuff i.e. star trek federation tie fighter!

anything else please just ask

the participants up to now are

1. Mark Marples - host

2. grufsnik

3. spitfire23bc

4.CPNGROATS

5. The Velociweiler - co host

6. Pilgrim Uk

7. Smiffy

8. Madmonk

9. obi-jiff Kenobi

10. Anthony Robertson

11. Walrus

12. Philip

13. Shiloh

14. Mike@twomikes

15. Deon

16. Carts

17. tonyt

18.Doug Rogers

19 devilfish

20. RussTnailZ

21. Basosz

22. chancer uk

23. Ollieholmes

24. worm

25. timj

26. tardis2

27. f-32

Edited by markmarples

Plenty of time to decide what to build. I might do one of the Glencoe re-issues of classic 1950s space kits, such as the 3-stage ferry rocket, or nuclear-powered space station; although I'm more likely to do one or more Star Wars kits.

Obi-Jiff :fish:

Plenty of time to decide what to build. I might do one of the Glencoe re-issues of classic 1950s space kits, such as the 3-stage ferry rocket, or nuclear-powered space station; although I'm more likely to do one or more Star Wars kits.

That Space Station looks nice but it's an absolute piggeroon to assemble. As is the Nuclear space satellite - the long dumbell-thingie. I've built one of the Three-stage ferries and it's painted, and really is a nice kit, but I'm still to finish the launch site dio for it. This particular Science Faction genre is one of my favourite, so doubtless I'll be looking in that direction too.

That Space Station looks nice but it's an absolute piggeroon to assemble. As is the Nuclear space satellite - the long dumbell-thingie. I've built one of the Three-stage ferries and it's painted, and really is a nice kit, but I'm still to finish the launch site dio for it. This particular Science Faction genre is one of my favourite, so doubtless I'll be looking in that direction too.

I've test-fitted the space station, it didn't look great! Thanks for the warning though.

Can I just design and build my own scratchbuild?

Just adding to what Mark has said - if your project is based within a Science Fiction, fantasy or space orientated background, with your own story\explanation to match. The matter really arises because there's already a 'what-if' Group Build to start shortly, so if your project is more a contrivance based in fact, it might be worth considering adding it to that group build?

I should know this, but do they have different markings? If so it would be fun to represent them all between us.

Dan

There are several. In the main - the red cheat along the fuselage side changes in pattern, varying from full field to interruptions by gaps. Behind the wing marking Chevron are a series of 'tabs' which delineate the number of the fighter - i.e. Red Four, Five, Six etc. Beyond that are detail differences in odd yellow panels, outlines etc, plus variations in the specific Artoo unit carried behind the cockpit. If you really wanted to get pedantic, each individual pilot has a differently marked helmet too...

Possibilities are:

Scratchbuild a Warhammer 40K tank of some description, or if I can get a suitable 1/35 kit cheapo then convert

I also have a ship load of conversions that need doing as well as terrain.

or maybe scratchbuild Ariel who is the Wood Elf leader.

or a stalled resin dragon conversion

doubtless other possibilities will pop up

you realise i now have to watch starwars again an take clippings of some of the x wings for reference!, now if only i had ordered that x wing from relish when they were cheap!

Date in diary, thank goodness for electronic gadgets that allow you to look at more than one year.

Gives me plenty of time to consider what to build out of the stash:

SW

1/72 Falcon

Slave 1

2 x Tie fighter (FM or Resin)

x-wing

AT-ST

Snowspeder(not FM)

Space 1999 Eagle (resin & WM)

War of Worlds Tripod

BSG Viper 2

Decisions, decisons, the tripod might get the nod as it isn't SW.

Warren

Date in diary, thank goodness for electronic gadgets that allow you to look at more than one year.

Gives me plenty of time to consider what to build out of the stash:

SW

1/72 Falcon

Slave 1

2 x Tie fighter (FM or Resin)

x-wing

AT-ST

Snowspeder(not FM)

Space 1999 Eagle (resin & WM)

War of Worlds Tripod

BSG Viper 2

Decisions, decisons, the tripod might get the nod as it isn't SW.

Warren

As it happens, I was thinking of scratchbuilding a Martian Collecting Machine in a suitable Victorian diorama - did the Fighting Machine many years ago.

Can I enter with something I've already built?

Sorry, no. It's a Group Build, if it's already done, it defeats the object. By all means, add a picture of it here, but if you've something you want to add to your collection, and it's within the boundaries of this Group Build, then now's the time to dust it off.