Masking technique

Phil Podmore

Hi Everyone,

I've purchased rather a lot of Montex masks from A2Zee (fast and efficient service) and one from Miracle Masks (amazing levels of research) but now have to actually apply them - which is currently a daunting thought!

I really don't want to cock it all up, so was hoping for some sage-like information from you good people!

What is the best way to use the masks for Type A roundels, Stars and Bars (early and late type) and the Balkenkreuz?

I'm assuming for example with the Stars and bars that the best way is to put the outline down, paint the white, mask the white sections then paint the blue - does this sound logical?

help!

Phil

Phil I've used them on my last five builds and will never go back to decals as long as I can apply paint in their place.I'll fire you off a PM and get in touch with you.They are much easier to use than you think...cheersIMG_3120-1.jpg

Everything you see save for a few very small stencils are Montex masks...1/32 190 D-11

IMG_3114-1.jpg

Edited by Dave Pratt

Miracle Paint Masks from Mal do come with very detailed instructions, the one time I used Montex masks I got it wrong, I was painting early US markings and made the mistake of painting a white circle first, no problem with Montex masks, all down to me making a mistake.

As the saying goes, here's some I did earlier.

Spitfire roundels

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...20&start=20

P-39D US markings.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...20&start=20

Cheers

Den

Edited by spitfire

Oh do show us your results, you KNOW we are sitting at the edge of our seats

I'll let others ask about a quick WIP shot or two as to how you're doing the masking/painting ;)

good luck regardless

Edited by Prop Duster