Air/Sea Rescue GB

Well, I don't know if I've had the same dream, you'll have to tell us yours,

then we can compare!

Go on then, Micha, tell us about it..............

Great! Welcome to the GB!

michas german..............................so we dont want to know what dreams he has lol. men in lederhosen? ;-)

michas german..............................so we dont want to know what dreams he has lol. men in lederhosen? ;-)

Well I really agree with you Jules, but there's been trouble on here over national stereotyping before, so let's not

go there, eh? I think it's just a bit of fun, but not everybody does.............

BTW I'm a Scotsman, not Ginger, not always in a kilt, don't drink (much) whisky, never been known to say "Och aye the noo",

(Although I do try out mates with "It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht, awricht")!

LOL :D

The last time that I wore a Lederhose was in 1976 ... and I was born just two years before ;)

I guess, mrcooljules is much more German than me :P ... he's blond, wears several German uniforms from time to time and drives a BMW ;)

I'm not blond, don't have any German uniform and never had such an expensive Bavarian super car :D

um ... my dream ... yeah ... I had a dream of a really great police car with blinking lights :thumbsup:

Volvo_V70_Police_1_Large.jpg

Sod it I've decided, put me down for a Canadair CL 415 Water bomber in French Securite Civile markings. Heller kit 1/72. Its in my stash and I've been itching to build it, this will be the right forum for the project. Will have to stock up on yellow paint.

Sod it I've decided, put me down for a Canadair CL 415 Water bomber in French Securite Civile markings. Heller kit 1/72. Its in my stash and I've been itching to build it, this will be the right forum for the project. Will have to stock up on yellow paint.

done!

I'd like to put my name down for this build, It'll be a Type M Youngman dinghy and a little something else. :whistle:

Should have all the relevent information by then. :hmmm:

Steve

• 1 month later...

Rich,

http://www.youtube.com/user/Barovej ,This guy is fantastic when it comes to the flashy lights on die-casts, have a look, there's no British cars there mostly American but boy this guy has me in awe! Check it out.

I am in with an RAF SAR Seaking.... Can I be very cheeky and ask would a Chinook apply... I mean its used in 'stan as a flying ER (or so I am lead to belive) That and I am getting one for my Birthday on the 12th of Sept.

James

• 4 weeks later...
Hi can I go with a P47 D 5th ESR 8thAAF if so I in

I'd never heard of this unit or this application of the Jug, but if an Emergency Rescue Squadron "does what it says on the tin",

then it looks like you're in. It'll be a little different in this GB. Welcome!

And me please with an RAF Launch, which will be the short-lived HSL129 in Malta.

And welcome to you, maltadefender. A RAF launch fits the bill nicely!

• 2 weeks later...

hi, new to forum, and to hobby (properly, as opposed to 11yr old offerings), but am always up for a challenge, maybe a GB is the sort of task i need, especially as in my new member post yesterday, the majority of my stash is emergency/rescue based, but what to pick?:

airfix severn

tamiya 1/35 land rover ambulance

revell 1/24 fire unimog

italeri 1/24 fire recovery truck

revell 1/24 dlk 23-12 (most tempting as has electronic kit)

revell 1/24 simba airport fire truck

hobbycraft 1/72 labrador

revell 1/72 hermanne marwede (HUGE though)

would airfix nimrod count, is does carry lifebouys :D

frustratingly, i have recently sold an esci police range rover, and the AMT robocop police car :(

what are the rules? Regarding whether a few pieces have been started, as that would filter couple pieces out, apologies for any lack of etiquette, only took plunge to actually get involved with site two days ago, despite registering last year! Your not all so scary after all :D

hi, new to forum, and to hobby (properly, as opposed to 11yr old offerings), but am always up for a challenge, maybe a GB is the sort of task i need, especially as in my new member post yesterday, the majority of my stash is emergency/rescue based, but what to pick?:

airfix severn

tamiya 1/35 land rover ambulance

revell 1/24 fire unimog

italeri 1/24 fire recovery truck

revell 1/24 dlk 23-12 (most tempting as has electronic kit)

revell 1/24 simba airport fire truck

hobbycraft 1/72 labrador

revell 1/72 hermanne marwede (HUGE though)

would airfix nimrod count, is does carry lifebouys :D

frustratingly, i have recently sold an esci police range rover, and the AMT robocop police car :(

what are the rules? Regarding whether a few pieces have been started, as that would filter couple pieces out, apologies for any lack of etiquette, only took plunge to actually get involved with site two days ago, despite registering last year! Your not all so scary after all :D

Welcome along, danielrocks.

I think that as regards models already started, the general rule for GBs here on BM is that a model up to 25% completed can be entered. If you need any guidance with that (It can be hard to tell subjectively in %age terms how far along any particular model is) just ask the hosts, give some details of what's been done and they will rule on your model's eligibility. Generally if it's just a few pieces fastened up, or a couple of subassemblies, there's no problem. I think any of your list would be eligible, but I think we'd have to rule out the Nimrod as its "emergency service" credentials are really quite incidental...

:coat:

• 1 month later...

apparently half the power has just been handed to lil moi :):):)

so I'm in with an RN rescue sea king

need to go buy the kit but afx have just sent me an email saying the kit is out so....

Edit-

just checked back to the first page....I was already in to do the sea king anyway so no change there then...lolololololol

Edited by kev1n

Thanks for stepping up, Kev1n! It's a shame markmarples has had to stand down, but you'll be a worthy replacement.

If it would help, I've got a Airfix RAF rescue Sea King (the Gift Set boxing with paint, glue, etc.) you could have.

PM me if you'd like it...

.....you'll be a worthy replacement.

If it would help, I've got a Airfix RAF rescue Sea King (the Gift Set boxing with paint, glue, etc.) you could have.

PM me if you'd like it...

worthy?

mmmm.....ok then :)

...if I'd like it? Is the pope catholic?

INCOMING !!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to enter with my Severn class lifeboat. If any one is interested,for this GB I can get references to police vehicles (I am a sgt in the glos. constab.)

I would like to enter with my Severn class lifeboat. If any one is interested,for this GB I can get references to police vehicles (I am a sgt in the glos. constab.)

Hi, Andy, glad to have you along.

Also, if anyone taking part in the GB has any queries about :bobby: vehicles, I'll refer them to you. Thanks for the offer of your help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...