Air/Sea Rescue GB

i have some internal shots of IJ somwhere from when my brother did his cosatguard heli course

I've got a few internal and external photos of various Coastguard S61's. PM me and I'll e-mail them on.

John

Could you sign me up too please?

I'll have a go at a Paraguayan Breda 44 air ambulance.

Thanks

Cliff

That's the sort of thing I was hoping to draw out in this GB! It doesn't get much more esoteric than a Paraguayan air ambulance!

Well done that man!

:coat:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
did the NVA use it really for rescue/SAR? Never heart of.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe you are correct, i have 2 differant MI 8 DDR but dont say or look like SAR aber i do have fotos of MIP 8 SAR but w german........booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

Mi 8 (in INTERFLUG colours) was used for the electrification of the east german railway Deutsche Reichsbahn in the 80's. I know this because I've seen them flying over the rail road Berlin-Moscow which goes along my block :D

Edited by Micha

did the NVA use it really for rescue/SAR? Never heart of.

I'm sure I've seen a piccie of a camo NVA Mi-8 with an orange band and blue lettering which said SAR .

Regards Simon

I'm sure I've seen a piccie of a camo NVA Mi-8 with an orange band and blue lettering which said SAR .

but you've seen it after 1992 ;)

The DDR never had SAR or any other flying doctors because it was strictly forbidden.

Could I come and play too please!

Not sure what to do yet, but it will be between:

Bolton-Paul Defiant

Westland Lysander

RAF High Speed Launch

or something else (have to unpack to stash...)

Happy modelling

Christian the Married

Edited by wyverns4

Could I come and play too please!

Not sure what to do yet, but it will be between:

Bolton-Paul Defiant

Westland Lysander

RAF High Speed Launch

or something else (have to unpack to stash...)

Happy modelling

Christian the Married

Certainly! Come on in (when the time comes!)

• 1 month later...

Damn. will be getting itchy for another US coast guard project..... Very tempting..... however would you allow fire watchers or water bombers in this one or is it stricly coast guard?, the fire watchers are red and white after all.

Damn. will be getting itchy for another US coast guard project..... Very tempting..... however would you allow fire watchers or water bombers in this one or is it stricly coast guard?, the fire watchers are red and white after all.

check out the rules in the first few posts of this thread,b ut im happy for water bombers and the like, as it is an emergency service

QUOTE - rules - Models can be of any eligible genre, aircraft, ships/boats, land vehicles, or figures. The subject MUST

be (or have been) used by Emergency Services, i.e. Police, Fire Brigade, Ambulance service, Coastguard,

ASR or similar services (e.g., French Protection Civile or US Forestry Service (firebombers?)

Subjects can be Military or Civilian, RealWorld or fictitious (e.g., Holby City Ambulance, Gotham

City PD car), as can Science Fiction subjects (e.g., police vehicles from "Demolition Man" or "The Fifth

Element", or Gort from "The day the Earth Stood Still"- He's a !) So Thunderbirds are Go!

A Redcap, Snowdrop,"ChainDog", firefighter, nurse(bear in mind both the hosts are nurses!), air

ambulance crew are examples of eligible figures

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know if I've had the same dream, you'll have to tell us yours,

then we can compare!

Go on then, Micha, tell us about it..............

Ive got a big Volvo car, and some LEDs!

Great! Welcome to the GB!