Pacific War GB

Hey can I join,

I would likely be intrested in using a B-25 Mitchell in 1:72 or..... and I dont know if this is allowed but I am building a 1:72 B-29 Superfortress "Enola Gay", Obviously famous in the Pacific theatre for helping end the war there, for the Bomber GB would I be able to submit it here as well... the timing for both builds is snug... just dont know if its allowed.. if not is the Mitchell.

Erwin that looks like an interesting subject.

RAF Colonel, I'm not 100% sure if you're allowed to enter the same kit in multiple group builds. I will check with Mish.

Knock, knock... mind if I join?

It'll be just one model: Mitsubishi Ki-51 Sonia with:

- Vector Mitsubishi Mk.2 "Zuisei" Ha-26 engine

- Vector type 92 7.7mm machine gun

- Falcon vac canopy

- Arawasi decal "Fighting Sonias"

- references as pictured, plus there will be another book I still need to purchase....

If anyone knows of any other AM goodies for the Ki-51, I'd appreciate any tips

Cheers,

Dmitri Kovalev

IPMS Canada

IMG_0081.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hasegawa's old but still very nice Jake & Fujimi's very nice Jill with the airwaves etch (picked up at Telford for a fiver )

Andy.

Hi Andy, I was wondering if you'd have any good references on the Kure catapult? I have one in 1/48, full resin kit... And I don't want to mess it up, since it's so rare and almost impossible to replace; i didn't have much luck finding good references, photographs, drawings etc.

I would imagine there are some Japanese printed materials and web-sites, but I don't speak Japanese, so even my search options are limited...

Thanks!

D.

OK, I'll give this a go.

Possible subjects are:

48th scale Tamiya Betty.

48th scale Tamiya Birdcage Corsair

48th scale Special Hobby Seafire III with Qucikboost exhausts and Aeromaster decals for PP979 D5-X of 807 Sqn, HMS Hunter, May '45.

Cheers

Richard.

You are all welcome!

If you are not included in the listing, I'm sure Jazzy Jase will do it as soon as possible. And we will go through the thread as we get closer to the start. Still about six months to plan and purchase aftermarket stuff.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ive decided that my kit collection is too big as it is already; and from last night, Ive started to build them despite the fact that I said I wouldnt due to lack of space. Ive got 5 Japanese Navy aircraft on the go right now already

Im sure Ill have plenty left over for the groupbuild, but I do like to build in numbers, so there may be quite a few coming off the production line! :D Might try a couple twin engined bombers

Edited by Nakajima15

I'll play....

Either RNZAF P-40M (Bob Fisken's aircraft) or a Ki84 'Frank'.... whichever I choose, it will be the 1:32 Hasegawa kit :frantic:

Ian

(Edit)

Just remembered, the first ever GB I joined was over on ARC many years ago.... The first PACIFIC WAR Group Build, hosted by Dr. Fester

Edited by Ian