Pacific War GB

Thanks Mish, and no worries Brian... plenty of time to find something else to build. :)

Scope of this Group Build is nicked from Wikipedia: "The term Pacific War is used to encompass the Pacific Ocean theatre, the South West Pacific theatre, the South-East Asian theatre and the Chinese theatre, also including the 1945 Soviet-Japanese conflict.

It is generally considered that the Pacific War began on 7 December 1941 with the invasion of British Malaya and the attack on Pearl Harbor in the United States' Territory of Hawaii by the Empire of Japan.

The Pacific War saw the Allied powers against the Empire of Japan, the latter aided by Thailand and to lesser extent by its Axis allies Germany and Italy; it culminated in the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the United States and the Soviet invasion of Manchuria, resulting in the surrender of Japan and the end of World War II on August 15, 1945.

The surrender ceremony was held on September 2 aboard the U.S. battleship Missouri, at which officials from the Japanese government signed the Japanese Instrument of Surrender, officially ending World War II."

Dates: 7 December 1941 - 2 September 1945

Location: East Asia, South Asia, Pacific Ocean, its islands and neighboring countries, Indian Ocean.

Interested so far are:

01 Jazzy Jase

02 Erwin

03 Mish

04 MadNurseGaz

05 Smuts

06 Inverted

07 NAKAJIMA15

08 stevehnz

09 Deon

10 timmah

11 Bomber Harris

12 Shar2

13 32SIG

14 Enzo Matrix

15 gcn

16 gary from darwin

17 davidelvy

18 denstore

19 Mike

20 CPNGROATS

21 markmarples

22 grufsnik

23 red glen

24 AndyP

25 Basosz

26 Mentalguru

27 Derbyeomanry

28 Devilfish

29 Flagon

30 LDSModeller

31 Ham

32 maltadefender

33 brianthemodeller

34 PHaTNesS

35 RAF Colonel

36 Dmitri

37 CliffB

38 worm

39 Gekko_1

40 POMPEO

41 Metallicus

42 Rabspat

Edited by Jazzy Jase

Put me down as I have loads of Japanese and Navy To build

Thanks Glen.

Edited by Mish
to edit offensive term for Japanese

Nice, I will be doing a Hasagawa P-40E in 1/48 dressed up in 75 SQN RAAF marking from the battle of Milne Bay in New Guinea.

It also checks off an aircraft from my 75 SQN build.

Being that it is a 5month build I may try and get a second finished maybe a tank for something different but its a long way off so I'll just wait and see.

Gary from Darwin

Edited by gary from darwin

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in with either or both of a B24J Liberator and P39Q Aircobra. Who knows there may be more to choose from.

Gruffers

I've just realised that i can also put in my Vultee Vengeance mk11 as well, happy days! been wanting to build it for a while just another year to go....Doooh

I have a 1/350 HMS King George V i could enter, assuming i finish Hood and Repulse between now and then that is ;)

I have several Vought Corsairs I want to build (in different scales) and also the Dragon 1:350 USS Randolph CV-15. When the time for the build gets closer I'll decide. It's still more than a year away so no hurries right?

• 1 month later...

Count me in too.

I have a nice 1/24thJapaneseZero to build (yes another biggy) plus a VJ Day 1/72 set that includes most aircraft, Jap and US and a 1/48 B-17F Flying Fortress for starters......

Ooooo the list is endless!!! :frantic::frantic::frantic::frantic::puke:

• 2 weeks later...

My entry into the Pacific Wars GB when it arrives next year is this little cherrub........

Bandai's 1/24th A6M5C Zero Fighter

DSCF7702.jpg

It has plenty of parts and very detailed but the decal sheet is a little basic for my liking and need to source a better one. Anyway, piccy's to drool over :Tasty:

DSCF7705.jpg

DSCF7710.jpg

DSCF7711.jpg

DSCF7712.jpg

DSCF7708.jpg

DSCF7709.jpg

DSCF7706.jpg

The engine has a spru all to itself their are that many parts!!

DSCF7707.jpg

If anyone knows of any good 1/24 decals around, give us a shout will ya ;)

Rob

July 2011 Pacific War Group build

Put me down!

My TBF 1c will be done by then, but I have the following

F4U-1 Corsair

SBD5 Dauntlass

P 40E Kittyhawk

Short Sunderland Mk III transport

All RNZAF that I can choose from, so count me in

Thanks

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've got an Airfix '5-Up' stand with two RAF Hurricane IIcs, two RAAF Spit Vcs and a RAF Spit VIII to go onto it... looks like I've found a slot to build it!

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Sorry but I will have to drop out of the GB. The model is (hopefully) a Christmas present so will have to be built this year!

Brian

OK, my Indefatigable hasn't even been started yet - much less be finished for Christmas. Please can I join again, might give me some incentive to get the thing under way!

Brian

Edited by brianthemodeller

Argh, dilemma!!

I'd love to join in this with a sea diorama in 1/700th (IJN Hiei vs USS O'Bannon at the Battle of Guadalcanal), the question is can I wait that long!!!

If not, I would still like to be involved, but might change the subject nearer the time.

Al