1/48 Tamiya P-47D Thunderbolt II 146 Sqn RAF - SEAC

Wow Bit of a thread revival here :yikes:

Thanks gents for the comments :)

Im guilty for the revival. I was asking about the color of the codes. Yours are white; Ive seen light blue on others. DO you know what the difference was?

Sorry Dave no idea on the codes. I just used the Aeromaster sheet

Geoff Thomas's excellent book on the RAF Thunderbolts (there is copy on eBay UK at the moment) does have a ww2 drawing which says the codes were white. Although some of the colour profiles on the back cover have blue codes. if you post your question in the WW2 sub forum you may get a better answer.

Sorry Dave no idea on the codes. I just used the Aeromaster sheet

Geoff Thomas's excellent book on the RAF Thunderbolts (there is copy on eBay UK at the moment) does have a ww2 drawing which says the codes were white. Although some of the colour profiles on the back cover have blue codes. if you post your question in the WW2 sub forum you may get a better answer.

Ive gotten it - thanks a heap.

Again, beautiful model.

• 2 months later...
What an impressive model! Please talk me through your use of the silver pencil - all my recent efforts using this don't look anywhere near as realistic as your work.

Icarus

Hi my technique is pretty simple. I use use a silver pencil and a 2H pencil and tap/scuff on the airframe at various points. I then wipe it with a rag and re do as often as necessary.