The Hooded Claw : Fujimi Fujimi Ferrari 599GTB Fiorano

Hi Chaps and Chapesses.

After my earlier decision I've been able to throw of the shackles of the commision build world and return to modelling for ME!

So I thought I'd join in for the Run up to Automodellismo and the end of the GB.

My weapon of choice is the lovely Fujimi 1/24th 599GTB.

Box Shot:

2010_05140001.jpg

I shall be painting the model with Zero Paints Ferrari Rosso Fiorano, cue Bottle Shot.

2010_05140002.jpg

Also I shall utilise the superb Hobby Design Etch fret, a selection of generic bits and bobs from other etch frets and KA Models Pre Cut window masks:

2010_05140003.jpg

I shall progress.

THC

I'd _quite_ like one of these...

...but you know how little work is needed to make it a 599GTO... a little bit O' Milliput and only two more dents in the bonnet...

... and then you'd have arguably (by Autocar) the best value for money supercar in the world = 80% o fthe performance and handlin of XX of 30% of the price, and no stoooopid transkit to get in the way!

I'll look forward to the build either way!

bestest,

M.

I'd _quite_ like one of these...

...but you know how little work is needed to make it a 599GTO... a little bit O' Milliput and only two more dents in the bonnet...

... and then you'd have arguably (by Autocar) the best value for money supercar in the world = 80% o fthe performance and handlin of XX of 30% of the price, and no stoooopid transkit to get in the way!

I'll look forward to the build either way!

bestest,

M.

I sat in the new 2011 Superlegera last week, now that should scare the GTO crowd!

THC

There's only one fair solution to this debate:

You, me...

One 599 GTO, one Superleggera, one Aston 1-77, one Merc SLS (and maybe a 458 Scuderia, if they can build one in time...)

Each of us drives three laps of the Nordschleife, and three of Fiorano, in each car...

And the best aggregate time for the fastest laps over two different drivers and two different tracks is the winner.

How hard can it be...?

bestest,

M (aka Stigbacon...)

Edited by cmatthewbacon

There's only one fair solution to this debate:

You, me...

One 599 GTO, one Superleggera, one Aston 1-77, one Merc SLS (and maybe a 458 Scuderia, if they can build one in time...)

Each of us drives three laps of the Nordschleife, and three of Fiorano, in each car...

And the best aggregate time for the fastest laps over two different drivers and two different tracks is the winner.

How hard can it be...?

bestest,

M (aka Stigbacon...)

Throw the new 911 GT2 RS in there and we'll have a race

This really is the simplest of kits so after an hour or two I'm left with this:

2010_05140005.jpg

The body is washed ready for sanding and preparing for paint, the rest of the parts are already cleaned up ready for primer or modifcation to take the etched parts. The transparencies are excellent and very very cleverly designed. If this kit is anything to go by their forthcoming 458 Italia should be superb!

The wheels are however appauling!

2010_05140004.jpg

So I've binned them in favour of :

IMG_0760.jpg

So onwards and upwards.

THC

Edited by The Hooded Claw

atsha nicea.......!!

Cao,

Uncle Sprumoni

Throw the new 911 GT2 RS in there and we'll have a race

HERE! HERE!! not showing my liking for a certain German manufacturer am I :winkgrin::winkgrin:

I do love the vehicle configurator feature on the Ferrari website. Allows me to configure the interiors and work out from that what bits should be which colours! I fancy this one will have a Beige interior with the carpets in Castoro. The seats in the kit are actually the Full Electric standard seats not the Daytonas favoured by the like of Hammond and Clarkson.

The body is already primered and is being polished up ready for main colour possibly tomorrow.

THC