Revell 1/72 Rockwell B-1B Lancer

On a rescent family trip to hobbycraft for some some other art supplies we was looking through the model section so josh could spend his pocket money on his next model. Thislt going through the selves we found this kit at the bargin price of £9.99 in the reduced to clear section. I was just a to good to miss for a boy with only £10.00 to spend. Straight in the basket and to the checkout before hobbycraft could change there minds.

b1b001.jpg

Whislt proberly not the best for models hobbycraft to have a reasonable selection of models and tools and is always worth a look as if they have what you want it will generally be quiet cheap.

The build has started Josh is very excited this is his 3rd model and very big.

I decided to that he will need help as his skills aren't quiet their yet the normal not enough or to much glue and he does have a tendancy to cake pain on.

First task is the pilots as this will eventaully hang in is bedroom.

I did one and he copied me.

b1b003.jpg

b1b002.jpg

The finished pilots The one on the right is dads the other ore josh's. I very impressed he took his time and was very careful.

b1b004.jpg

As you can see while we was painting the pilots he assembled some of the other parts of the model. He's learning that the instructions are a guide and don't need to be followed in order.

Ah, that brings back memories... 'cept mine were never painted - just hacked and stuck together in no time, usually covered in gluey fingerprints and very very wobbly.

Nice work so far - good luck Josh!

Keep up the good work i want to do this model myself i might head to my local hobbycraft to see if they have any in

Keep up the good work i want to do this model myself i might head to my local hobbycraft to see if they have any in

PheonixII has one for sale HERE

PheonixII has one for sale HERE

No Joy at Hobbycraft nearly came back with a 1/32 Phantom II tho but i restrained myself ...lol and thanks for that link :speak_cool: il get in touch with him

Edited by RussTnailZ

Very nice work Josh

Way way ahead of me when I was 8

Come to think of it my efforts were so bad I stopped doing pilots

Keep this standard up and you will be getting mine to do on a commission basis !

JohnT

Thanks guys his pilots are excellent. When i was his age i was in throw the in the bin and get glue everywhere group.

Well he's been working very hard and wants to spend every spare minute modelling.

Assembling the aircraft

b1b005.jpg

b1b006.jpg

b1b007.jpg

b1b008.jpg

Let loose with dads airbrush after lots of discussion finally he decided that he liked 28th ops group, 28th bomb wing ellsworth AFB had the coolest nose art. I was happy with this as it mean't easy one colour spray.

b1b009.jpg

Then to throw a spanner in the works he decides that he wants one of the cruise missles to hang under the aircraft as if its just been launch. after a bit of research we found a plan scale draw and used this as a template for the wings and fin.

b1b010.jpg

Its coming allong very nice soon be be painted and ready for decals.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just arrived today and after inspection was quite impressed with this kit, looks like its going to be a fun build after i finish what im working on at the moment

Russ

Keep it going Josh, superb job there :worthy: Nice to see another young person cracking on with tickling the plastic. What makes this far more impressive to me is, I bought this one, opened the box, pinched the pilot that climbs up the ladder and then promptly sold the kit in panic :yikes:

Looking forwards to seeing this beast finished :thumbsup2:

Bexy