Millennium Falcon (1:144 Finemolds)

Mike

Thanks guys :)

Mark - it's a piece of cake to build... I seriously doubt it took me an hour to complete. If you follow my "tips", you'll be able to break it down to fish inside at any time during the build. In fact, I doubt I'll glue the hull together when I'm done - it fits so well it just doesn't need it :)

Make sure you do :fight: and don't forget a WIP thread to match ;)

i will, leds for engines i may even use fiber optics for the cockpit (always wanted to try them) so any piccys with lights sned them my way or i could watch all the films again :wicked:

The cockpit will be very fiddly to light - it's tiny, but nothing's impossible. You'll have fun cutting out all those slots in the engine exhausts though... :wacko:

Looking very nice Mike! I can't wait to see it all weathered up like it is sposed to be! Don't screw it up!! :)

Gettin' deja vu there from another thread :hmmm:

The first round of weathering was done this evening using some Mig Neutral wash, and then the pic was processed using some tools in Ubuntu that're a leetle bit different from my usual Photoshop, so whether it came out ok, we'll see in a sec :hmmm:

hull10.jpg

The hull sides still need doing, as do the insides of the cargo jaws :)

Loving that - weathering has already added some nice depth to the finish. :thumbsup: Decal colours to about right too which is good news if you don't want to mask each panel off for paint.

Still waiting for mine to arrive.... :shrug:

Stage 2 of the weathering process was done this avo, which included adding a few more colored panels that weren't provided as decals - Most of these were around the exhaust "petals", so didn't take much effort. I also added a few of the first paint effects of superficial blaster hits, which are just dots of panzer grey in a randomish stripe across the hull plates. I'll be adding a little pale surround to this later, as can be seen on the excellent refs provided by the chaps.

Finally, I flatted the surface down with some Vallejo matt varnish ready for the next step of weathering :)

hull11.jpg

hull12.jpg

Cheers Paul - another 3 or 4 stages left yet, including pigments, oils and filters here & there. I'll need to apply a black wash to the exhaust mesh area too, to give it a bit more depth :)

I cheated this avo and did stages 2 and 3 together on the upper surface. Dabs of Mig black oil paint dragged in the relevant direction, and lots of dabs here & there of Mig Black Smoke pigments, all the while paying attention to the reference pics as much as possible. Granted, not every streak will be in the same place as the original, but it was the "feel" of each section that I was aiming at. The same job now needs doing on the underside and the edges... I sealed the top in with some Vallejo matt varnish so it doesn't get messed up while I'm finishing off :)

hull13.jpg

hull14.jpg