Interior wash - help required please

Gary West

I'm guessing you could use Phil's sludge wash here, and I'll try it when mine arrives, but so far I've been using watercolors. Sloosh your wash on over a glossy surface, let it dry, then use a moistened cotton bud, micro-brush or small piece of towel/tissue clamped in tweezers to remove what you don't want. With a water-based wash, you don't risk ruining the job, and you can use your removal "brush" of choice to fade the shadows a little, giving you a bit of creative control. Give it a go - Phil's forum tells you how to purchase his sludge wash, or if you're feeling impatient & want to use watercolors, just dilute some black & brown with a little distilled water, add some flow enhancer (dishsoap will do), and get to work on it with a rubbish brush.

HTH ;)

Guys - I need your advise and help.

I am ok with exterior washes but when it comes to cockpits, I am a bit hit or miss. Would someone/anyone please do a bit on this topic please?

Thanks

I always give mine a wash of Taniya X-19 smoke thinned down, It's a gloss so you may need to spray a flat to tone it down a bit. That said I usually dry brush after so there is no need.