British Phantom

Hello everybody !

This is my new FG 2 Phantom from FUJIMI, 1/72 nd scale . A great kit ! much different from short run productions, but besides Matchbox a long time ago, I think Fujimi is the only one which was interested by the Rolls Royce powered Phantom .

998e14a4f664f346f88dfb7ffee171a3.jpg

I added a few details to be in conformity with the cockpit tub (no control stick in the rear ), but as usual I folded the wings !!

0153b1ebe5c24aae19d81d30ffafb101.jpg

The colors used to paint the beast were Humbrol 125 extra dark sea grey for the upper surfaces and Gloss white from Revell for the underside .

A photo of this plane can be found on the web, so be careful about the decal placement !

dea4ef7a88cc975ca1621addbe7d3c2a.jpg

Flaps and air brakes can be opened, a nice idea from Fujimi

I had a lot of pleasure building this kit, I hope you will appreciate and wait for your comments .

Pierre

Pierre,

Firstly, shes a real beauty and a credit to you Sir :worthy:

Secondly, you say Quote "A photo of this plane can be found on the web, so be careful about the decal placement !" but what is her serial?

And thirdly although minor, as an 892 NAS Lady shes an FG1.

Thanks for sharing a superb model Sir :yahoo: Oh how did you find the intakes on the Fujimi kit? I found them a REAL pig :suicide:

Bexy

Pierre,

Firstly, shes a real beauty and a credit to you Sir :worthy:

Secondly, you say Quote "A photo of this plane can be found on the web, so be careful about the decal placement !" but what is her serial?

And thirdly although minor, as an 892 NAS Lady shes an FG1.

Thanks for sharing a superb model Sir :yahoo: Oh how did you find the intakes on the Fujimi kit? I found them a REAL pig :suicide:

Bexy

Hi Bexy !

Thanks for your compliments , I knew somewhere it was a FG 1 but I was not sure about it ! The Serial is XG 864 ; and when you look closely to the three coloured flash on the nose, you can see that Fujimi wants you to put it in the wrong position . I was told once by a french modeller : Only a picture talks !

As far as the air intakes are concerned, I glued first the splitter plates on the fuselage sides, painted them white and the area of the fuselage black, then painted the outer inside part of the air intakes white, added the two pitot tubes and glued to the fuselage starting from the joint with the fuselge, not the splitter plate . It ensured a smooth joint with no gap and no filler at all was used . My english is not very correct so I hope you understood !!

Regards,

Pierre

Hi Bexy !

Thanks for your compliments , I knew somewhere it was a FG 1 but I was not sure about it ! The Serial is XG 864 ; and when you look closely to the three coloured flash on the nose, you can see that Fujimi wants you to put it in the wrong position . I was told once by a french modeller : Only a picture talks !

As far as the air intakes are concerned, I glued first the splitter plates on the fuselage sides, painted them white and the area of the fuselage black, then painted the outer inside part of the air intakes white, added the two pitot tubes and glued to the fuselage starting from the joint with the fuselge, not the splitter plate . It ensured a smooth joint with no gap and no filler at all was used . My english is not very correct so I hope you understood !!

Regards,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Youre most welcome my friend, Im a huge Phantom Fan, thanks for the serial, I will do some hunting for her to add to my collection. I agree with your friend, a picture really does talk, I now use photos of certain airframes to get it right. Thanks for yuor tips for the intakes, as I still have a few Fujimi British Phantoms in the stash, I will certainly do them your way :worthy:

As for your English? Well its my first language, and Id say youre better at it than me my friend :yahoo:

Bexy

Thanks a lot to all of you for your compliments, my next build will be a R.N. (of course !) Buccaneer from Airfix in their new boxing .

I recently purchased the kit which is the same that I got in 1990, except for a new sprue with bigger wing tanks for the south african version and weaponry for an aircraft during Desert Storm ;

The general fit is still very good with almost invisible raised panel lines, a clear canopy and a beautiful decal sheet .

I will tell you more once I start with this project

Regards,

Pierre