Moebius MKII Viper NASA-style

Never mind.

Plenty of other craft to "NASA-ise"(I know it wasn't a word, but it is now...).

I myself have a gigantic Stash of scifi model kits which can all be turned into NASA ships with a little bit of imagination. A whort while back, i did a Jedi Starfighter in a "Sand camo" style, a-la Desert Storm. I am now thinking how cool it would be to make one like this Viper...

I also took a Revell Episode III Jedi Starfighter cockpit, skinned it up with styrene and added an "AWACS" mount above the cockpit so that i resembled a Star Destroyer...(And i mixed in some "Pearl Harbour" Zero colours too).

I recently painted up two Ma.K Falkes in totally different colours. One in a Tiger stripe scheme, and another in a "Communist Russia" MiG 3 scheme.

There's never any need to stick to the normal colours when you are painting something that can literally be painted any colour. I know a Viper SHOULD be painted white with red stripes, but why do WE have to stick to that???

and on that note, I have news on the Viper front.

I just finished painting the pilot.

He has been done in the NASA "X-Planes" style of an orange jumpsuit with a white helmet and black visor.

Pics later.

Wow there some really good intresting builds i think i need to step off the planes for a short hiatus into sci fi.

Russ

Wow there some really good intresting builds i think i need to step off the planes for a short hiatus into sci fi.

Russ

There's no real need for that. Just paint planes in Scifi colours!

Or paint Tractors in scifi colours!

It doesn't really matter as long as you have a justifying back story to weave around it.

I once came up with the idea of: "What if Return of the Jedi happened only five years ago?"(And WE are in the Star Wars universe in a backwater which no-one has even visited till now)

Basically the idea was to take SW technology(Which the new Republic would sell to our little mudball), and paint SW stuff up in contemporary colours.

It was just the idea to let my imagination flourish. Imagine Jedi Starfighters painted up as local Police craft?(and imagine the plice chase shows with a bunch of Starfighters chasing a Starship!(Okay, they have docked with the craft! And the pilot appears to be drunk, and in possession of twelve tons of cocaine!). Or a Millennium Falcon painted up in the livery of PARCELFORCE? The thing is to imagine SW tech being bought and used by all facets of society. There would be just as many drug dealers using starships as there would be normal people, so the cops would need some special ships to take them down in "Coastguard duties".

I painted a Hasbro Toy SLAVE I(£3.99 in the Toys R Us sale...), up in the colours of my local police force with a little of my own flair(Fife Constabulary has the normal battenburg colours, but not the white lines inbetween):

DSCF0002.jpg

Now thats funny having Slave 1 in cop car markings :speak_cool:

Russ

Thanks.

There's nothing that cannot be done with a little bit of imagination.

The Falke i linked to above in white was based on the White/Red of the MiG-3. I just didn't add the arrows on the side.

It's great to use old aircraft paintschemes for scifi subjects because they usually look incredible with very little work:

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks.

My main gallery is on Photobucket if you have the time to glance through it(There are loads of other galleries off the main one):

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/All_...p;paginator=top

All i can say after looking threw that gallery is wow some very impressive builds in there, one of my favourite pics is the scratch built woblin goblin sat on the R1 is that your bike? Im a bike man too :speak_cool: only got a KTM dirt bike tho for the minute had to sell my road bike a while back when funds got tight if i get another which is probable when things pick up with work again im gonna treat myself to a nice rocket. Oh and whats with Nightcrawler in the condom suit lol

Russ

All i can say after looking threw that gallery is wow some very impressive builds in there, one of my favourite pics is the scratch built woblin goblin sat on the R1 is that your bike? Im a bike man too :speak_cool: only got a KTM dirt bike tho for the minute had to sell my road bike a while back when funds got tight if i get another which is probable when things pick up with work again im gonna treat myself to a nice rocket. Oh and whats with Nightcrawler in the condom suit lol

Russ

Lol! Thanks.

Nightcrawler is going to be the pilot of my Bussard interceptor. He needed a G-suit for that role... I just never got around to making a mold for it!

The Stealth was a project i started and let it sit in the garage for a week or so after starting, and the MDF warped...

It's no big deal. I will re-do the bottom part in perspex when i get a chance. My intention was to use the main hull to make a vacform master so everyone could have a 1/24 Stealth fighter.

It may still happen. Who knows...

As for the bike... It's not an R1. It's an R6. But it is mine. Well... It belongs to the finance company, but i am working on it...

Pics of all the bikes i have had are here.

The only thing i would even consider chopping it in for is a Ducati 848. But i don't NEED an 848. I'd just like one...

As for aesthetics, i feel there is nothing on the road right now that can even come close to the dynamics and speed of an R6 in white sitting still...(Well, when i bought it, it looked like this, but i am not afraid of a £7500 challenge...)

Here are the most recent pics of my Baby:

04082010383.jpg

04082010382.jpg

04082010385.jpg

04082010389.jpg

04082010388.jpg

04082010387.jpg

Thanks.

There's nothing that cannot be done with a little bit of imagination.

The Falke i linked to above in white was based on the White/Red of the MiG-3. I just didn't add the arrows on the side.

It's great to use old aircraft paintschemes for scifi subjects because they usually look incredible with very little work:

Untitled-1.jpg

I really like that Falke - great imagination on that kit!

04082010387.jpg

I like the looks of that bike, you can see it going fast from the lines on the frame!!

Bet it's a blast to ride!!

Cheers,

Thats the nicest R6 ive seen very pretty in white, if or when i get back to riding on the road im gonna treat myself to a bike ive been wanting for a long time an MV Augusta F4 Senna

7aa927ju6.jpg

expensive but a bike that has had me drooling since its release and have had the pleasure of riding albeit once

Russ

Thats the nicest R6 ive seen very pretty in white, if or when i get back to riding on the road im gonna treat myself to a bike ive been wanting for a long time an MV Augusta F4 Senna

7aa927ju6.jpg

expensive but a bike that has had me drooling since its release and have had the pleasure of riding albeit once

Russ

Indeed.

I once sat on an MV. It really looks nice, but i am 5'2" and it was too high for me.

I have the same problem with most sports bikes.

My R6 only allows me to get one tiptoe on the ground on one side(The other one is about 14" off the ground due to the width of the seat...)

I can cover the back brake easily enough though.

I really like that Falke - great imagination on that kit!

Cheers,

Thanks a lot.

I just started scratchbuilding an Imperial Navy Arvus Lighter dropship from the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Indeed.

I once sat on an MV. It really looks nice, but i am 5'2" and it was too high for me.

I have the same problem with most sports bikes.

Im only 5'7 myself i know your pain but being a short bottom makes ya go faster more streamlined well thats my excuse and im sticking to it lol. Put some pics up of the 40k build i would be intrested in seeing that always wanted to build a titan but never did and now they sell them at stupid prices

Russ

Im only 5'7 myself i know your pain but being a short bottom makes ya go faster more streamlined well thats my excuse and im sticking to it lol. Put some pics up of the 40k build i would be intrested in seeing that always wanted to build a titan but never did and now they sell them at stupid prices

Russ

For sure.

The Forgeworld resin kits are extortionately priced.

The Arvus i am making is *a little bigger* than the FW kit though... I love the idea of a "Sprinter-sized" dropship. Able to carry only a "van-load" of guys or cargo. And it's a cute design. The FW kit is just too small.

Here are pics of what i made today(Cockpit front end will be cast in resin eventually after it's all detailed up):

20082010442.jpg

20082010443.jpg

20082010444.jpg

20082010445.jpg

20082010446.jpg

20082010447.jpg

Looking good that is gonna be a big beast

Russ

totally.

I am just eyeballing it, but it will be about 48cm long give or take.

The main details are on the front end. I will make one engine intake and cast two from it, and the same with the ammo mags on the sides. The main hull will just be sheet styrene in the 2mm range.

I found a supplier in the UK who sell mega large styrene sheets at about a quarter of the cost that everygreen charges, so i stocked up on them.

My idea is to cast the front end/canopy/engines and the rest will just be cut from styrene sheet based on templates.

Originally i was going to make a master pattern based on a simple scaling-up of the FW kit, but it would have cost a fortune to get it cast.

I decided to compromise on making the front end and a few detail parts and the rest with sheet.

The design is beautiful in my mind because it's so simple.

The one are i wanted to slightly improve upon is the cockpit. There is a token effort to add a door behind the pilot, but he'd never fit through it(WH kits are notorious for the figures being too big in scale), so my Pilot will be a bit better scaled, look smaller in the cockpit, and will have a doorway behind him that he WILL fit through...(I might even build one with the doorway open...).

Here's the original kit:

components.jpg

al9.jpg

al8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so hows it comein with ya MK2 Viper NASA style Barry and am getin one at the end of the week for £30 same one as what you have so i know ill have fun doin lol

so hows it comein with ya MK2 Viper NASA style Barry and am getin one at the end of the week for £30 same one as what you have so i know ill have fun doin lol

I have the pilot painted but i am still trying to source NASA decals. I can't find them anywhere seperate without buying the Orbiter kit...

I will still keep looking.

you will find tham some how just got mine to day so am havein fun it now the fun thing is it's all most as big as the old MK2 i have so it will go nice with it

you will find tham some how just got mine to day so am havein fun it now the fun thing is it's all most as big as the old MK2 i have so it will go nice with it

I am sure i shall.

I have always relied on the kindness of strangers!

About the MKII, be sure and cut off the tabs on the Wings so you can add them later in the build. I'd also reccomend removing the upper intake from the stack of three. It makes it easier to fill the forward gaps. I can provide pics if you like to "show my working"