Moebius MKII Viper NASA-style

Hey guys.

I'm new here, but not strictly new to modelling...

This build is my first of the Moebius Viper. It goes together very well, with minimal seams to worry about.

I am working on this one as a gift for the Father of my Brother's Fiancee. He works for NASA as a flight engineer for the shuttle program, and he will be retiring this year after the last shuttle launch.

In any case, i didn't take pics of the Viper before paint, but i popped it together, painted it black(For the heat shielding lower parts), masked off every part i wanted to remain black, and then sprayed the whole thing with three coats of halfords white primer before removing the JammyDog masking tape(Love that JammyDog tape!).

The rest is just primary weathering with Tamiya weathering packs. I am waiting for JTGraphics to print me up some Viper decals with Jim's name on them for the pilot's board. I am also trying to track down some NASA decals from the 1/72 Space Shuttle kit.

In any case here is where i am so far(It will look a lot better with Decals on it, of that i have no doubt):

20042010215.jpg

20042010217.jpg

20042010219.jpg

After white was sprayed on:

21042010220.jpg

21042010221.jpg

And after a little bit of weathering with the Tamiya packs:

21042010226.jpg

21042010228.jpg

21042010229.jpg

21042010230.jpg

21042010231.jpg

21042010234.jpg

21042010235.jpg

:lol: Very good... It's possible I might be able to help with the decals, as I have an old kit of the 1:72 orbiter on my shelf part done with a set of Cutting Edge replacements, as I believe the Meatball logos were wrong on the kit decals. If I can find the decals, I should be able to free them up - leave it with me :)

:lol: Very good... It's possible I might be able to help with the decals, as I have an old kit of the 1:72 orbiter on my shelf part done with a set of Cutting Edge replacements, as I believe the Meatball logos were wrong on the kit decals. If I can find the decals, I should be able to free them up - leave it with me :)

Sweet.

Those would be very welcome.

Let me know what you want for them.

:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

lovey work Barry i have the old MK2 that am workin on been do mine on and off all most 2 yrs now whan i get the time ill post some pics of it for you lads to have a look at

lovey work Barry i have the old MK2 that am workin on been do mine on and off all most 2 yrs now whan i get the time ill post some pics of it for you lads to have a look at

Brilliant.

I look forward to that.

I am still trying to track down the meatball decals, so this one has stalled whilst i search for those.

It wil be finished when i get them!

Thats awesome i like that alot BG was a childhood favourite for me

Russ

nice work on the cgi one do love the mk7 this is some work am doin on some stuff for a game pic one tsr2 pic two a old mk2 tos one had i got for free and the new mk2 pic 3 and the last one well ill lat you lads work that one out and yes lads she is a big ship to land on ;) and pic 5 so ya she is big

i got the new mk2 in game workin but it still needs lots of work it'a a kit id love to have just to go with the old one iv got

buldozer2010-03-1101-59-58-24.png

ArmA2009-02-2018-25-52-87.png

ArmA2008-10-0900-22-44-20.png

arma2008-11-2018-30-37-70.png

arma2008-11-2018-47-08-45.png

Edited by DazB

can be fun with a F18E lol but the one i have you can land on but the one thats out is just for the addon makers to know how big we can go with the game iv got peggy aswell but dont have the time to do the work on tham but for me it's just for the fun of it goin from model kits to cgi is some thing id say to peeps have a go you may just love it

But i couldn't do that. I have to be building with my hands!

ya am like you barry am happy whan am building some thing with my hands lol i just got the Academy F\A 18C 1.72 was £20 got it for £10 and i must say it's a lovey kit by tham and barry now much did you pay for the viper mk2 as am thinkin of getin one to go with the old one i have

ya am like you barry am happy whan am building some thing with my hands lol i just got the Academy F\A 18C 1.72 was £20 got it for £10 and i must say it's a lovey kit by tham and barry now much did you pay for the viper mk2 as am thinkin of getin one to go with the old one i have

Hey.

I got mine from Frank at Moebius for a price that will never be repeated.

But there is good news. John and Linda at SSM have them in stock. And the price is good. Even when you factor in shipping(E-mail john to ask for a shipping quote: [email protected] ).

This is the most beautiful thing I ever seen. It would make the best gift ever. I wish they would not retire the Space Shuttles, I know they're getting old and may not cope with the future but I wish they could keep on going or find a new replacement for the Space Shuttle. The Viper in NASA colours is the most amazing thing I ever seen.

This is the most beautiful thing I ever seen. It would make the best gift ever. I wish they would not retire the Space Shuttles, I know they're getting old and may not cope with the future but I wish they could keep on going or find a new replacement for the Space Shuttle. The Viper in NASA colours is the most amazing thing I ever seen.

Thanks.

It's technically not NASA till i manage to get those meatballs...

I almost caved and bought a 1/144 Shuttle and booster stack model kit set on thursday...

But i am not sure if the meatball logos on that kit would be too small.

I am still trying to source an aftermarket set.

But thanks for the praise.

Thanks.

It's technically not NASA till i manage to get those meatballs...

I almost caved and bought a 1/144 Shuttle and booster stack model kit set on thursday...

But i am not sure if the meatball logos on that kit would be too small.

I am still trying to source an aftermarket set.

But thanks for the praise.

It got the looks of NASA and it is still beautiful enough ever without any markings, I hope you get a chance to finish it. I've always imaged NASA wanting to test flight a spacefighter in the future, becuase such a spacefighter would be more effect at keeping patrol for space junk, and so on, to look after space stations, moonbases, etc., it is still the best I ever had seen.

I heard that NASA once thought about asking J Michael Straczynski about having permissions to copy the designs and styles of the Starfuries for use with ISS. I wonder if you can do a Starfury in NASA colours too?

Ever with the NASA colours, the Viper looks good enough as one of NASA's crafts.

Keep up the good work.

It got the looks of NASA and it is still beautiful enough ever without any markings, I hope you get a chance to finish it. I've always imaged NASA wanting to test flight a spacefighter in the future, becuase such a spacefighter would be more effect at keeping patrol for space junk, and so on, to look after space stations, moonbases, etc., it is still the best I ever had seen.

I heard that NASA once thought about asking J Michael Straczynski about having permissions to copy the designs and styles of the Starfuries for use with ISS. I wonder if you can do a Starfury in NASA colours too?

Ever with the NASA colours, the Viper looks good enough as one of NASA's crafts.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

I have asked a decal maker to make the decals for me, with the name of the pilot, Meatballs, NASA worm logo and the JPL logo.

He hasn't got back to me though.

I have not got the Starfury kit.

But i suppose anything is ripe for NASA colours.