Review updated with the new Essential Basic & Primary Colours sets ES01 and ES02 - they're right up at the top this time, and quite bright :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

A great review/thread and I'd like to buy some Lifecolor paint for late war Luftwaffe.

But they don't appear to do a RLM 83 Dunkelgrun, only RLM 71 Dunkelgrun in set one. Do you (or other Luftwaffe colour experts) know if this RLM 71 will be OK for late WW2? I'm assuming not as why else would the RLM have issued RLM 83?

Many thanks,

Review edited to add War on the Road set (CS49)

Includes: (UA743) Cement Board, (UA744) Middle East Asphalt, (UA 745) European Asphalt, (UA 769) Plaster Wall, (UA 770) Concrete, (UA 771) Stone Laying Mortar.

boxtop-cs49.jpg

• Like 1

Original topic (first post) added to include the Italian Infantry Uniforms WWI (CS50) and Essentials Gloss Colour Set 3 (ES03) sets.  See if you can find them ;)

• 2 months later...

Review updated with the three Perfect Metal sets, Shell Case, Aircraft and Engine sets, one of which you may have seen before.  I've popped them quite near the top of the review to save your scrolling finger ;)

Review updated to add:

Feldgrau 1939/45 (CS55)

German Military Uniforms WWII

boxtop-cs55.jpg

Includes: UA464 Feldgendarmerie Uniform, UA465 Feldgendarmerie Trousers, UA466 Panzer Div. Commander Coat, UA467 Artilleryman Trousers Early War, UA468 Waxed Coat M40, UA469 Coat M42

cs55.jpg

• Like 1

Review updated to include:

US Navy Ships & Submarines 1950 to Present (CS52)

boxtop-cs52.jpg

Includes: UA655 US Modern Haze Grey, UA656 US Modern Dark Gray, UA657 Light Teak Wood, UA658 US Modern Hull Red, UA659 Submarine Dark Gray, UA660 Submarine Black

cs52.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great reviews and lots of helpful advice. As I am just getting back into modeling after a 30 + year absence, many of my questions have been answered, I will be definitely be giving Lifecolor a try. Thanks guys.  

Review updated to include:

Armée de l’air (CS56)

WWII French Aircraft Colours

boxtop-cs56.jpg

Includes: UA141 Gris Bleu Clair, UA143 Brun Foncé, UA142 Kaki Français, UA144 Chamois, UA145 Gris Blue Foncé, UA146 Vert Pomme

cs56.jpg

Die Luftstreitkräfte (CS57)

Imperial German Army WWI Colours

boxtop-cs57.jpg

Includes: UA566 German Pale Blue, UA567 German Mauve, UA568 German Red Brown, US569 German Light Green, UA570 German Dark Green, UA571 German Light Grey Green

cs57.jpg

• Like 1

Review edited to include:

DAK (Deutsches Afrikakorps) Uniform Colours (CS58)

boxtop-cs58.jpg

cs58.jpg

Contains: UA470 Extra Dark Green, UA471 Medium Olive Green, UA472 Faded Green, UA473 Dark Brown, UA474 Medium Tan, UA475 Light Tan

• Like 3

Review updated to add:

Austro-Hungarian Army Uniforms 1916-18 (CS.59)

boxtop-cs59.jpg

cs59.jpg

Contains: UA476 Faldgrau Uniforms, UA477 Leder Braun, UA478 Isonzo Braun, UA479 Dunkelgrun Grau, UA480 Kaki, UA481 Leder Schwarz

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to give Lifecolor paints a try after reading this review and I wasn't disappointed. I mainly use Tamiya acrylics but, these paints are excellent. I thinned them using Famous acrylic thinners and added a small amount of flow improver, after having experienced some tip drying. 

The finish is fine and the degree of opacity is easy to control by building up thin coats.

I'm very impressed and will be adding to my stock.

Thanks for the original review. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...