Bomber GB

I fancy having a go a this. I've got a Revell 1/72 Lancaster, but it's the Dambuster version- strictly speaking, that's actually a minelayer,

not a bomber(!) Would it be eligible?

My alternative would be the Revell/Monogram 1/48 B-25J Mitchell, but I want to build it as a USMC PBJ-1J. Love those blue bombers!

"but I want to build it as a USMC PBJ-1J. Love those blue bombers!"

MNG, check out this blue PBJ, made from an ancient Revell 1/64 kit. I hope it is an inspiration for you...................... :analintruder:

PBJ Cheers,

ggc

000_0028PBJpic2.jpg

000_0025.jpg

Edited by CPNGROATS

"but I want to build it as a USMC PBJ-1J. Love those blue bombers!"

MNG, check out this blue PBJ, made from an ancient Revell 1/64 kit. I hope it is an inspiration for you...................... :analintruder:

PBJ Cheers,

ggc

000_0028PBJpic2.jpg

000_0025.jpg

That's super! It is definitely an inspiration...

I've actually found a picture in William Green's "Famous Bombers of the Second World War" which appears to show a PBJ-1J without

wingtip or nose radar pods, making the "conversion" a simple repaint...

And it's a loooong time since I've seen a Revell display stand in that style!

MNG, thanks, I modified a bomb for the nose radar pod. This particular scheme came from an Aircraft in Profile illustration. The later engines are sourced from a similar scaled Monogram B-25H kit. The fusalage gun paks came from the spares box. On this particular kit, one of Revell's first, the clear part framing was on the inside of the part...so I used thin tape to replicate all canopy framing.

Cheers,

ggc

• 2 weeks later...

OK... the decision has been made on the kit.

It's going to be...

The Monogram 1/72 B-52D Stratofortress.

Yes, I'm crazy. Yes, I have no space left in my house. But yes, I have lost SWMBO to the allures of Switzerland... and so...

76.2cms wide by 50.8cms long, this could be fun!

Cliff mentioned earlier in the thread that a DH.9a would be suitable but I didn't see it on the list posted in the official forum.

Is this A/c still ok for the Group Build ?

Yes, it is :)

Hi all, I'd really like to get on board with this group build with a kit which has literally just turned up on my desk. I'll be doing the Tamiya 1/100 B-52D Stratofortress

TAM60025.jpg

I know nothing about this kit at all and it's in a bizarre scale but I remembered a mate had one when I was a kid and I've always wanted one.