Airfix Group Build Winners

Well guys both myself and Plastic Bonsai have been burning the midnight oil ensuring all the votes were in and of course correct (if you missed out on voting - tough you should have got here earlier!!)

And we are very pleased to confirm the the winner for the 2010 Airfix Group Build is -

Kirk - better known as Sartois66 for his fantastic rendition of the Airfix F5-E Tiger II

His build and completed model can be found -

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46806

We are also very proud to to confirm that second prize with a very narrow margin was taken by

Sophie for her brilliant Airfix Mustang

Her build can be found here (hijacked by Milo) -

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46665

We will contact each with regards the prizes - well done!!!

I would like to take this chance to thank all that took part and would like to think we could have this as an annual event?

Thanks to Platic Bonsia for doing a sterling job :cheers:

Congratulations Kirk and Sophie on your wins and a thanks you to Paul and John (Plastic Bonsai) for hosting this very busy and fun GB. I think you will all agree they did a great job.

And thanks to everyone who supported this GB, I'm not sure if this GB attracted the most entries of any BM GB but for a short notice and short length GB it was very well supported.

Thanks you all :clap:

Congratulations Kirk and Sophie on your wins and a thanks you to Paul and John (Plastic Bonsai) for hosting this very busy and fun GB. I think you will all agree they did a great job.

And thanks to everyone who supported this GB, I'm not sure if this GB attracted the most entries of any BM GB but for a short notice and short length GB it was very well supported.

Thanks you all :clap:

It was brilliant thanks again to the organisers I am modelling again....even limited to just 4 paints in my builds I could just cope (that silver was aweful!) and yes it should definitly be an annual event 'a starter set build' sponsored by Airfix or Revell or both!

Thanks ever so much to everyone who voted for Sophie - I'm working in China until the end of next week, but I've passed on the news and I'm hearing remotely that she's very excited :)

Also, echoing thanks to the organisers - 50-some completed models in a GB must be some kind of record :)

All good!

Congratulations to both of you and well done to everyone who took part. This has to be Britmodellers most successful Group Build to date?

Well done Kirk and Sophie :clap2: great results. Kirk's showed what can be done even with such limited resources, and Sophie is what all of us were trying (and failing) to be again.... YOUNG :) and that's taking nothing away from her Mustang.

I have to admit it was a hard build albeit very fun. It's really hard not to take it all so seriously!!

Well done also to John and Paul for the idea, it did what no other GB seems to be able to do, involve everyone. I've always felt my model builds weren't good enough to be shown on a website like this, but it got me off my bum and doing it, and I wasn't alone! I'm glad I did because it was so much fun, which after all is supposed to be what the hobby is.

Here's to next year.... :cheers:

OMG !! :yikes: I pop off for a couple days with my boy and return to find I've only gone and won!!!! Well that's just amazin, I don't know quite what to say........cough..cough...ahem....unacustomed to public speaking as I am... :D

First off, I guess, a big thank you to John and Paul (and Airfix!), for a brilliantly inspired idea for a group build. Of course a big pat on the back to everyone who entered, I am sure I'm not the only one who loved seeing all those great builds take shape. I hope you all had as much fun as I did and, for those of a certain age, like me, you enjoyed a warm and fuzzy nostalgia trip back to your mis-spent youth!

Also many, many thanks to all that voted for me, I am dead chuffed to say the least.

Oh, and a big well done to Sophie, fantastic effort I reckon.

Hope I haven't left anyone out! Sorry if I have.

Wow!!

Cheers!

Kirk :thumbsup:

all of us were trying (and failing) to be again.... YOUNG

speak for yourself.......lolololololol....:):):):):)

Hi all

really chuffed you all enjoyed it (or at least endured it!!)

I have had a message from Kirk (winner) who on instruction of his missus (i think his stash is getting out of control) is going to donate his prize to Sophie - top man I think you will agree and really in spirit of this GB

Thanks Kirk for this!!!

Paul

A well done GB with a great turnout of builds.

Congratulations to the winners and all that took part.

And don't forget that there is another "British" groupbuild to start next month.

MATCHBOX groupbuild.: 5 th untill 27 th June !

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46700

Hope to see many of you back.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As we all seem very impressed by little Sophie's work,howabout surprising her with some Matchbox kits so she can join too.

If you have an easy to build kit doing nothing send it to her (contact her father)

( I always put my money where my mouth is and contacted her dad for the address. She can expect a kit from me )

Edited by Erwin

I have had a message from Kirk (winner) who on instruction of his missus (i think his stash is getting out of control) is going to donate his prize to Sophie - top man I think you will agree and really in spirit of this GB

:gobsmacked:

Oh, how cool is that!

That's triffick! Many thanks, Kirk (and Kirk's missus :) ). I'll pass on the news - I'm in China until the end of the week, and having to do everything by email with a +7 hour time difference, so apologies if I'm a bit slow to respond and seem to be making posts in the small hours of the morning :)

Absolutely spot on! Wonderful GB. - I think SWMBO wants to join next time too!

Big round of applause to the winners - very well deserved - fantastic work

And roll on "Airfix Starter Set Group Build 2011!"

excellent result and well done to the winners, both well deserved IMHO. This was for me, the most enjoyable GB, nice , quick and easy, and a finished model to boot Great to see so many participants and finished entries. :)

As we all seem very impressed by little Sophie's work,howabout surprising her with some Matchbox kits so she can join too.

If you have an easy to build kit doing nothing send it to her (contact her father)

( I always put my money where my mouth is and contacted her dad for the address. She can expect a kit from me )

I've heard from her dad that Sophie is very pleased with the idea that she will get a kit.

So for those that want to join me in sending her a kit,you can PM me for her address.

Don't let me be the only one !!

Well done to the winners and to all who took part. I have to admit, the 2 aircraft I did for this GB were the first ones I have completed for many years.....I had a lot of fun (and frustration) doing them.

I'm hoping to complete my "what if" Tomcat before I start my next GB....which funnily enough is the What if GB.....

....unless I decide to do the Matchbox GB, lol