Spitfire and Hurricane

Evening all,

I've now finished the Spit and Hurri double build, two very enjoyable kits to build. These models will form the basis of a trophy to be awarded at this years Royal International air Tattoo, and honour the Spitfire Mk II and Hurricane Mk I as flown by Douglas Bader and Denis Crowley-Milling respectively.

First the Spitfire....

DSC05099.jpg

DSC05097.jpg

DSC05098.jpg

DSC05096.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

And the Hurricane....

DSC05105.jpg

DSC05103.jpg

DSC05104.jpg

DSC05102.jpg

DSC05090.jpg

And the pair together

DSC05080.jpg

DSC05108.jpg

DSC05107.jpg

DSC05109.jpg

DSC05110.jpg

DSC05100.jpg

DSC05101.jpg

Work has begun on the display case, so once that's sorted, I'll post a few pics of the finished item. Must say I'm going to be sad to see these go as I'm dead chuffed with the outcome, but hopefully the recipients will enjoy them even more.

Comments welcomed as ever

Cheers

Shaun :)

Very nice , both models look really good . I do have one observation tho , the Spitfires undercarrage legs do look a little bit too far forward and would could do with

being repositioned , other than that great job :thumbsup2:

• 2 months later...

Firstly, my apologies for not thanking you guys sooner for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated. I had intended to thank you guys when I posted the builds with their finished case, but it's taken a bit longer than I had planned. However, with just two days to spare, it is now sorted! :clap2:

First, a shot with the lid off....

IMG_4223_edited-1.jpg

...followed by the lid on

IMG_4227_edited-1.jpg

It's now ready to be handed over at RIAT on Saturday. Pretty chuffed with the outcome, so hopefully the recipients will be as well :D

Comments welcomed

Cheers

Many thanks chaps :)

jase, now RIAT is done and dusted for another year (:() I can reveal who received the trophy. Originally, it was intended to be presented to the crew with the best flying helmet design. Unfortunately, no crews entered! However, all was not lost, and the trophy was awarded to Paul 'Max' Moga, who was the pilot of the 2008 Raptor demo. As 2008 was cancelled, Max never got to perform his display and reap the rewards it certainly would have brought him, so this was presented to him to make up for it. Pretty cool I reckon! B)

Cheers