1/72 ME 109 - G6

RobF

Where do I start ...

I usually fail to get anything finished ( boom boom ) so I thought this was the ideal group build.

To get me back into aircraft builds I thought this might be a nice easy kit

000.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

I wanted to pose this model on a stick so I needed a pilot. The one in the kit looked a little odd so I chopped his head off and grafted a spare one on with him looking out of the window - hopefully he will be posed so he looks back at you as you look at him.

003.jpg

Some plasticard was needed to get him sitting in the right place.

004.jpg

After some squinting at him through the canopy moulding it became obvious that VERY extreme highlighting would be needed if he was to look right on the completed model

005.jpg

Then I glued a tube in for the stick

006.jpg

Then some preshading - pretty sure that will be a waste on top but it's all good practice

007.jpg

008.jpg

Painted the bottom and then some masking

009.jpg

Some Klear and some decals

Horrible register - loads of microsol needed for the shark mouth but getting there

PS - I know the bat logo isn't strictly accurate for this serial numberbut I like it so I used it :-)

013.jpg

014.jpg

Here we are all done

Quite pleased with it I think but I didn't do too well with the difficult to use decals but the whole kit cost me £5.01 from Relish Models so it seemed wrong to spend more than that on some more decals. I am sure someone who is a bit better could have got them to look just fine - luckily the silvering doesn't look quite as bad to the eye as it appears in the photos.

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Edited by RobF