What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Two Blackhawks flew right over the house half an hour ago, did a broad circle (probably near the Olympic Stadium) which brought them over the house again and then departed south toward central London. Both carried two large drop tanks, so even though I couldn't clearly make out the colour, I don't think they were HMX-1 birds.

A Dragon Rapide came over 15 min later.

Jeffrey

3 x Ospreys, 2 x Blackhawks + 2 x Merlins over Malmesbury 7:15ish heading west.

I assume big wigs on way to NATO summit or even Mr O. himself. Returned half hour later minus the Blackhawk.

Quite a sight.

Well I managed to catch the last 3 groups of the NATO flypast this morning, as they flew directly over our factory in Barry, especially annoying as they were half an hour late and I had waited outside at 8.30 in the hope of catching them on their way to Cardiff and Newport, but they didn't arrive overhead until almost 9.00 by which time I was busily engaged on a call.

About twenty minutes ago: three V-22 Ospreys including a MV-22, two VH-60 Hawks (one of them must have been Marine One :analintruder:) closely followed by a pair of Merlins (presumably with the PM on board) all swept up up by a police EC-135. In the morning one or two of the Ospreys flew over and again appeared mid afternoon. It can be quite handy living not too far from a pair of bridges on a motorway network that runs west to east...

I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when I had just arrived at a friends house near Huddersfield when I heard a very distinctive drone in the distance. "That isn't the sound of any civil aircraft" I thought to myself, and sure enough, the incredibly amazing sight of not one, but two lancasters! Just out of this world and a once in a lifetime experience. They both headed out over towards the peak District so my guess Is they'll be doing a flypast over the Ladybower Reservoir where the Dambusters did some of their practice missions. Absolutely unforgettable sight and sound, truly amazing! My only regret is that I didn't manage to capture the event on my phone!

Edited by sidewinder1
  • Like 1

After a rather tedious day at Training school yesterday, my drive home was livened up by two Typhoons that flew parallel with me & then banked hard in front of me & whipped off. Because of my route, when I first spotted them they were below me in the Vale of York. A little later, near Malton, two Army Lynx were having a bimble out following the A64.

Cheered me up no end!

Nine red Hawks spewing smoke all the way down my street at 7pm! Unfortunately only saw them when they had already gone past as I was watching the airspace at the back of the house rather than the front...

Followed a little later by a Merlin and an Apache so low they almost scraped the roof tops.

Wandering what was going on I turned on the telly and it was the opening ceremony of the Invictus games in the Olympic Park.

Nice one!