What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

A C-47 with invasion stripes over Wokingham. As I was sitting in the garden reading 'A Bridge too Far'.

Plus a whole jasta of WW1 replicas going off from White Waltham. I'm assuming to Farnborough.

• Like 2

BBMF Lanc very low over my house, and Sleaford, @1230 local, heading West.

BBMF Spit (think a PR Mk XIX) plus another single seater (but couldn't squint enough to confirm what) over Sleaford @1400L.

I love this place in the summer !!

Yesterday I was bringing in the washing when a jet came ove sporting a yellow forward section and a dark rear. My thoughts were Misdemeanour, but has anyone any knowledge what may have been in the air west of Swansea at about 8:30 last night?

Not exactly over my house; I'm on holiday on a ship in the Black Sea and we have just had a medical emergency onboard, about an hour ago (approx 2pm local - 11am UK time).. The ship diverted south towards Turkey to get within helicopter range. The helo was from the Turkish Coast Guard and it was quite impressive to see how close in it came to get the basket down to the deck for the patient.

Mike

Here is a sequence of shots and I have tried to get a decent side on view for anyone wanting marking details.

DSC_0285_resized_800_wide.jpg

DSC_0297_resized_800_wide.jpg

DSC_0300_resized_800_wide.jpg

DSC_0307_resized_800_wide.jpg

DSC_0310_resized_800_wide.jpg

DSC_0311_resized_800_wide.jpg

DSC_0327_resized_800_wide.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday a USAAF marked C47 with Invsasion stripes went over on a flightpath that would take it to Leeds Bradford then late this afternoon a Sea Fury flew over, but did not have a chance to see the markings.

Well after some Hawks a few weeks ago, we had a pair of Merlins and Sea King a couple of weeks ago. It sounded like the Hawks were back last week and just a few minutes ago, a pair of Tornado's. This certainly beats living under the flightpath of Liverpool airport!

thanks

Mike

Not long had a few flyby's by what looked like a 3/4 scale P-51D painted as CY-G " Millie G " with 2 POB, anyone know

it's ID ??

It was a Titan 51, 3/4 scale Mustang G-TSIM

• Chinooks
  • Apaches
  • BBMF-Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster
  • Cessna 172's (lots of them)
  • Stunt Biplanes
  • Modern Airliners heading for Stanstead Airport

Enough to be getting on with!

Hi live north of heathrow airport, see a lot of airliners but also under main chopper route, everything from apaches, chinooks, seakings to civil choppers, and regularily the local police chopper.

House under the holding point for chopper traffic to cross heathrow airspace, so often seen circling for clearance at above roof top levels. nothing like the sound of a pair of chinooks overhead. reminds me of my visits to middle wallop Sigh.

All the best Chris

Mi-8 and SA 342 Gazelle helicopters, almost every day. Sometimes a bell police helicopter as well.

Five years ago it was more interesting. There was a military ceremony in Belgrade in February and two migs 21 and four galeb G-4s were flying around and above my skyscraper for 3 or 4 days.