What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Not over my house But

Over work this morning (north side of Leicester) 1 x Lynx heading west.

and best of all

this afternoon - at approx 13.15 and near Hinckley a Spitfire heading approx north west. This flew over again 30 mins later now heading south east and taking time out to do some turning and banking as he went on his way.

nice.

After a week of high wing monoplanes heading west, I now have to say we've got crap coming from th dirtection of Cape Town. Sad to say thet is where our winter weather comes from. Thankfully we didn't have the wind today, so maybe we'll be let off the hook!!!

In the distance over deepest Bershire yesterday, don't quite know - low wing radial(?) monoplane, squarish wing tips, rectacted undercarriage. Possibly a warbird, it might have had an orange tail and roundels. It was fairly aerobatic, doing loops and rolls all without sounding like a scooter gone mad. Pretty sure it wasn't a Harvard.

Any ideas?

Pete

Spotted over the last few days two spits in formation, followed by i'm sure a hurricane and one unrecognised. Today a Canberra let down into Farnborough, he's just been up and done his routine. Prior to him eight biplanes winged over and carried out their display before departing North. Chris

Not exactly over my house, but my office is 400 yards off the end of the runway at Farnborough, and it seems the first arrivals are coming in today. So far, two F-16's, one F-18 and a Canberra. No idea where they are all from, cloudbase is quite low and by the time that they are in view I can't see any markings.

Edited by Airgunner

On Saturday, the Great War display team en route Knebworth to display before the Iron maiden concert. Just discovered the triplane was flown by none other than Mr Bruce Dickinson!

Steve.

We are currently having a second French invasion down here, Castlemartin range is hosting an anglo french exercise. The past few days we have had most of the French Navy working on the range.

I was off today so took time to watch and listen to the action :popcorn: , I noted 8 pairs of Rafale and 2 pairs of Etendards! The last Rafale have just departed the range back to france. They on average spent around 45min on the range so we have had jet noise all day and evening :thumbsup:

The exercise runs for two weeks, so this should be a daily log for the next few days

Shaun.

That explains it. I was on holiday last week staying near Tenby and we heard Jets all week. didn't see anything except on the Tuesday when we were at Carew Castle.

Todays Farnborough update ..

This morning we were treated to three Merlins clattering low and noisy about the sky, they then scuttled off North somewhere. We then got an Merlin Spitfire doing circuits and bumps for ten minutes. A couple of hours of hours of normal avtivity and then two impromptu displays, first from a Griffon Spit., then the Yak Display team did a six-ship practice with smoke and everything. Currently overhead is an over-enthusiastic F-18 making lots of noise and rattling the windows.

Osprey over the archery field tonight, very impressive, very low and very quiet!

First time I've seen one.

Very nice site as it lifted slightly to go over the Malverns.

Rick.

We had a Chinook fly west bound into Brize this morning. Nothing new really BUT it had a fairly large boat underslung. I got a couple of great photos showing the profile and the boat seemed to have large guns (machine-gun variety) fore and aft. If I can get the photo to upload you will see what I mean. Just imagine the British equivalent of 'Apocalypse Now!' (Two years ago, just after we moved in they did the same but with a yellow JCB!!!!)

Living in this part of the country is fantastic..... all of the traffic into and out of Brize and over the next few days a lot heading to Fairford...

Hutch

• Like 1

Two Rafale('s?) at very low level yesterday, Mirage 2000's today. French Army Gazelle last week.

And before any of my fellow West Sussex residents shout "WHERE???", I'm in France.

We had a Chinook fly west bound into Brize this morning. Nothing new really BUT it had a fairly large boat underslung. I got a couple of great photos showing the profile and the boat seemed to have large guns (machine-gun variety) fore and aft. If I can get the photo to upload you will see what I mean. Just imagine the British equivalent of 'Apocalypse Now!' (Two years ago, just after we moved in they did the same but with a yellow JCB!!!!)

Living in this part of the country is fantastic..... all of the traffic into and out of Brize and over the next few days a lot heading to Fairford...

Hutch

IMG_6976.jpgIMG_6972.jpg

• Like 1

Just had the A400 go over. Came out of Brize.

Rick.

Must be the same one I saw just North of Cheltenham. First one I've ever seen - circled round several times, north of my archery club at the racecourse. I thought it might be preparing for Fairford - but came from and returned in the Eastish direction.

• Like 1

I live near Boscombe down and yesterday had a UAV ( only a small one like a Hermes 450)launch from there for a quick 20 min sortie over Bulford ranges. Plus an F-18 flying over and past Boscombe both yesterday and today, but it is Airshow season!

Must be the same one I saw just North of Cheltenham. First one I've ever seen - circled round several times, north of my archery club at the racecourse. I thought it might be preparing for Fairford - but came from and returned in the Eastish direction.

I watched it come out of Brize on FR24. Not sure where it ended up though, too busy eating!

First one I've seen too. Looked like a C17 further away!

Btw, didn't know you were Cheltenham archers. I'm Severn archers. We have a chap from yours comes to us as well.

Rick.

So there I am standing in the kitchen making some sandwiches, when this large delta wing job passes in front of the kitchen window. and proceeds to do so for the next ten minutes, Fairford huh. Sorry guys...not very