What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Just 10 minutes ago!

Heard the unmistakeable sound of:

Wok1.jpg

Wok2.jpg

Wok3.jpg

Wok4.jpg

I live near a designated emergency landing field.

We get Chinooks, and Merlins.

They do a couple of orbits of the field before and after landing an if I'm quick enough I can get some pictures.

for a couple of days i have what i swear is a huey, dark gree with orange/red chevrons underneathv(worcester) no idea what its been up to or why.

Worcester you say Goose? I'll do some digging ;-)

for a couple of days i have what i swear is a huey, dark gree with orange/red chevrons underneathv(worcester) no idea what its been up to or why.

That was in Plymouth 2-3weeks ago.... I just assumed it was from either the German or Dutch warships that were in the Sound at the time,but I could be ( & usually are) wrong :winkgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

2.20 Saturday at Oxton, just 20 minutes South of Edinburgh by car on a clear sunny day a Typhoon slowly turned and headed North towards Edinburgh. Didn't look like he was in a hurry.

Anyone know why on a Saturday afternoon?

2.20 Saturday at Oxton, just 20 minutes South of Edinburgh by car on a clear sunny day a Typhoon slowly turned and headed North towards Edinburgh. Didn't look like he was in a hurry.

Anyone know why on a Saturday afternoon?

last time I try this on an i-phone !

Edited by JohnT

5 minutes ago - Spitfire having fun over Kemble (lucky to work in office airfield).

Glimpsed out of office window so not sure which one. Interesting markings though - looked like yellow-edged roundels under wings.

Anyone identify?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Tornado go overhead (nr Jct 36 M6) heading east this morning. It had a white/ black tail (I think). Definitely not grey all over.

It was going pretty fast though, and i was trying to negotiate through some windy roads, so not too sure.

I love living/ working up here - it's a free air display most days.

Best one was early one morn sat up high somewhere in a field waiting for colleagues, and a Herc came straight past at tree top level wings over and banking hard. The rest of the day was a bit of a let down after that...

Always see Tucanos, Tornados, Typhoons, Chinooks, Junglies, etc. sometimes see the odd F15E as well.

Glimpsed out of office window so not sure which one. Interesting markings though - looked like yellow-edged roundels under wings.

Anyone identify?

The BBMF's LF Mk.XVI has yellow-edged roundels (C1) in all positions- it is a low-back, clipped wing version.

The Fighter Collection's LF Mk. XIV probably should have C1 roundels underneath the wings, but it doesn't, so it's not that one.

Another option is Peter Teichman's PR Mk. XI, which is in overall PRU blue with C1 roundels in all positions and a white R on the fuselage sides.

It is possible/probable that one or more of the Mk. IX Spitfires in the UK are in the post-Jan 1945 TAF scheme of black spinners, no sky fuselage band and C1 roundels in all positions.

I saw a Tornado go overhead (nr Jct 36 M6) heading east this morning. It had a white/ black tail (I think). Definitely not grey all over.

It was going pretty fast though, and i was trying to negotiate through some windy roads, so not too sure.

I love living/ working up here - it's a free air display most days.

Best one was early one morn sat up high somewhere in a field waiting for colleagues, and a Herc came straight past at tree top level wings over and banking hard. The rest of the day was a bit of a let down after that...

Always see Tucanos, Tornados, Typhoons, Chinooks, Junglies, etc. sometimes see the odd F15E as well.

Sounds like 2 Squadron's current Centenary bird, bet that was nice!