What's flying over your house?

itsafokker

Couldn't get to Leuchars today but.....

Hot sunny day with clear blue sky and some light fluffy white cloud high up

15th September too

and a lone Hurricane flying low on the way back from the show right overhead - perfect

Just had a Hercules C4 go over VERY low!

We seem to be getting a few bits of military aircraft over at the moment, makes a change, usually airliners or the Air Ambulance/Police chopper from Dunsfold.

US Navy P-3 Orion from nearby Sigonella is doing touch 'n go's here in Trapani (Sicily) ;))) Also had some Italian Air Force Typhoons in the circuit earlier this afternoon. Those are not based here, but they seem to come and go in small detachments to provide southern QRA since the F-16's have left!

Just had a Spitfire fly over, had just knocked off the compressor after spraying some aotake on my Zero and heard a very pleasing burble, got outside in time to see the Spit fly over, all I could tell as to what mark was it had the high rudder, was a bit distant and into the sun. It was headed towards the North Wales coast.

I think a StarShip (?) just flew over. Large rear wing with winglets and small front wings. Heading towards Gloucester from the North, very low, below cload base (looks about 1500 at mo.).

Is there any other aircraft with this description over here? Couldn't tell how many engines it had, but it wasn't a large aircraft.

Rick.

I think a StarShip (?) just flew over. Large rear wing with winglets and small front wings. Heading towards Gloucester from the North, very low, below cload base (looks about 1500 at mo.).

Is there any other aircraft with this description over here? Couldn't tell how many engines it had, but it wasn't a large aircraft.

Rick.

I doubt it was a Starship, as they have all been bought back by the manufacturer. More probably a Piaggio P180 Avanti.

I doubt it was a Starship, as they have all been bought back by the manufacturer. More probably a Piaggio P180 Avanti.

Nope, didn't look as big as that and it had quite large winglets with the wings swept back.

Just been googling this and failed so far into finding out what it is.

Cheers.

Rick.

Edited by Rick Brown

Hmm, could be it. It seems a bit windy out there at the mo, is this quite a light A/C? If it helps, I'm pretty sure it came from Ronaldsway heading into Gloucester at the time. I was listening to Gloucester approach but didn't hear the call sign.

Sikorski S-76B helicopter, yesterday afternoon. Departing from Holyrood Park, possibly with Prince Philip aboard, on its way to Rosyth.

(Never thought the Court Circular website would come in handy!)

Just seen a UH1H helicopter flying east over Pulborough - it looked as though it was in a mid-grey finish but with a bright red dayglo engine housing. Any ideas whose Huey it is??

Thanks,

John

Not flying over my house but over the A165 (Leven Bypass) - a pair of F.15 Eagles.

I guess they were from RAF Lakenheath; one flew directly over the road, but the other made a bit of an 'S' shaped turn so I could see the top and then the bottom as it flew away - a lovely sight.

I'm off in to the loft now to dig out one of the 1/48 kits I have in the stash - talk about inspiration!!

Karl

Interestingly enough Karl a pair of F15s just buzzed us at work. I'm out in the Chicago burbs so I'm going to make a wild guess they are not the same pair :P

:bye: guess not! - they really were a superb sight on what was turning out to be quite a boring day until that point.

Karl